Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Media exageration over fans wearing 27 jerseys???

Don't forget Rae Carruth

I saw more than I expected, but you know what at roughly $100.00 a pop for the not even the top of the line jersey it is damned tough for the average person to just drop possibly the only team colors that they have. I have no issue with anyone wearing it, their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    CBS showed pretty decent restraint during the game. The one long segment on Ray was entirely about the team replacing his production, and I don't recall the cameras zooming in on any 27 jerseys in the crowd.

Pregame? Pretty much all Ray though.
    Thank you. Good to know. I guess I will cue up the game from the kickoff and savor the victory without worrying about being afflicted with media/Rice-related nausea.

<adults wearing sports jerseys>.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wasn't there, but there were obviously some fans there with Rice jerseys on...and the media intentionally looked for them to do the "look at these pathetic Ravens fans still supporting Ray Rice" pieces.

I'd imagine though that there probably weren't more than a couple hundred Rice jerseys out there out of 71,000 so of course the media is blowing it out of proportion.
    I think the mob is dying down. I think the forgiveness and redemption stories are right around the corner. As bad as that video was, I think even Rice's worst critics in the media realize that the vitrol and hatred being spewed has gone to far.

Most of the critics are now going after the league over what was known. Goodell is now claiming he changed his suspension after seeing the video did not match up to what Rice said. He now dumped it on the players union if they want to appeal. Wonder if Rice will comment on this news or keep quiet to help his case of playing again ..????

Too bad there isn't a appropriate jersey for Goodell the greedy liar!

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Most of the critics are now going after the league over what was known. Goodell is now claiming he changed his suspension after seeing the video did not match up to what Rice said. He now dumped it on the players union if they want to appeal. Wonder if Rice will comment on this news or keep quiet to help his case of playing again ..????
    I think - Ray may be of a mind - criticize my actions in the incident - they were horrific and I accept responsibility for them; but accuse me of untruthfulness and telling Goodell lies - and the fight is on - you can question my actions but not my integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I think - Ray may be of a mind - criticize my actions in the incident - they were horrific and I accept responsibility for them; but accuse me of untruthfulness and telling Goodell lies - and the fight is on - you can question my actions but not my integrity.
    Unless he hopes to play again he may do nothing .....

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If that was the same woman I saw on TV, she should have just kept her mouth shut because she was a fool. When asked why she had was wearing a Ray Rice jersey, she essentially said, "I support Ray. Don't forget, she hit him first." That's really great for our fan base, you dumb woman. Feed the flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Can you describe this woman?
    The lady I saw interviewed saying what Alien Bird described was white, middle age, hair color on the spectrum of blond to red-head, who spoke with a Bmore accent. Neither thin nor heavy. In other words, your run-of-the-mill "Bmore hon, minus the beehive"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I have seen multiple sources say he didnt lie. He told them exactly what was on the tape. I think Goodell has just been exposed as a person who does not care about DV. Of course his track record prior to Rice also made that point.

I hope the union does appeal and I hope they win. Goodell fucked this situation up from the start and I think he is trying to pass the buck.

I should say that even if Rice wins an appeal, no team is touching him this season.

I saw this...