Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Media exageration over fans wearing 27 jerseys???

Seem like every media outlet today is just falling over themselves saying how lots of Ravens fans were wearing Rice jerseys at the game in support of Ray.

My question is, was that the case? I wasn't there but from what I could see on television, both pregame and at the stadium, I didn't see very many people at all in Rice jerseys.

Makes me think reporters went there with the pure intention of finding people wearing 27 jerseys to they could write the column they already had made up in their heads that there would be tons of Ravens fans wearing them and they could make us look as bad as possible.

So for those who were there, is the media blowing this out of proportion? How many folks were sporting Rice jerseys last night?

Re: Media exageration over fans wearing 27 jerseys???

I wasn't there, but there were obviously some fans there with Rice jerseys on...and the media intentionally looked for them to do the "look at these pathetic Ravens fans still supporting Ray Rice" pieces.

I'd imagine though that there probably weren't more than a couple hundred Rice jerseys out there out of 71,000 so of course the media is blowing it out of proportion.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

It's a media witch hunt at this point.

Blog Entries

I really didn't see many at all. I expected the media to find the ones that were there and make a big deal about it. No surprise.

I can understand a certain perspective of people who were wearing them in support of Ray Rice. He just spent the last 7 months just trying to pave the road for righting all the wrong and hurt he caused after telling both the team and league exactly what we all saw in the elevator video. The perspective is showing support for a guy who's been making this right and supporting him as he continues to make it right.

He can't erase what happened, but I just don't understand why the media would try to paint a negative picture of fans showing their support for someone trying to do right after a horrible mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Seem like every media outlet today is just falling over themselves saying how lots of Ravens fans were wearing Rice jerseys at the game in support of Ray.

My question is, was that the case? I wasn't there but from what I could see on television, both pregame and at the stadium, I didn't see very many people at all in Rice jerseys.

Makes me think reporters went there with the pure intention of finding people wearing 27 jerseys to they could write the column they already had made up in their heads that there would be tons of Ravens fans wearing them and they could make us look as bad as possible.

So for those who were there, is the media blowing this out of proportion? How many folks were sporting Rice jerseys last night?

Rice Supporters Still Evident at Ravens Game

I think you know the answer to your own question.

They just want to pile on and look for anything they can.
    Start with the above article.

The jersey exchange IIRC doesn't even take place until Sept. 19th and 20th but they start the article setting it up by talking about the jersey exchange.

Poor Poor Poor!!!

I saw some people wearing Rice jerseys....
    70,000+ fans in one place, yeah, I think you're going to see a few wearing them, but nowhere near the amount that normally would have been seen.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

If anyone's objective was to get Baltimore painted in a negative light, wearing a Ray Rice jersey last night was the perfect way to achieve it.

Blog Entries

I was there and I was actually looking out for Ray Rice jerseys. The answer is NO there were NOT a lot of people wearing #27. I saw 4 total the whole night inside and out of the stadium. Let's also realize not everyone is on the internet and watching the 24/7 news cycle like most of us do. This is a total non-issue.

And guess what... WHO THE HELL CARES if someone wears #27. Maybe those people were at one of the many charity functions Ray Rice attended. Ray also did a ton of good in the community also. No one condones what he did but good Lord, time to give it a break.

I thought it was pretty idiotic for people to do it, but I saw very few at the game.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Rice Supporters Still Evident at Ravens Game

I think you know the answer to your own question.

They just want to pile on and look for anything they can.
    Start with the above article.

The jersey exchange IIRC doesn't even take place until Sept. 19th and 20th but they start the article setting it up by talking about the jersey exchange.

Poor Poor Poor!!!

I saw some people wearing Rice jerseys....
    70,000+ fans in one place, yeah, I think you're going to see a few wearing them, but nowhere near the amount that normally would have been seen.
    A PFT Article on how Baltimore Fans support evil? Who would have thought this would happen.

Oh wait...

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...127#post810127

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    A PFT Article on how Baltimore Fans support evil? Who would have thought this would happen.

Oh wait...

Yup, you pretty much nailed that, but I think after this week we all knew what was going to happen.

If it would have been just one person it would have happened,.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post

Oh wait...

This was the easiest trifecta to hit in the history of everything:

http://deadspin.com/ravens-fans-expl...eys-1633727826
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/brobible.com...g-his-jer-9ldk
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...me-vs-steelers