Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Elam, Jimmy and who the hell is Miles???

And Did you see Dumerville run over and pancake Gilbert? Didn't Dooooooom
    have two sacks?

I was flipping out watching Elam cover Brown and Miles playing safety. He was lined up in the right spot.Jimmy Smith is shut down city. What a great lineup change with all the injuries. HARBs is acting like Earl Weaver moving free safety Matt Elam as the nickel cornerback with Smith and Brown outside. They have brought in safety Jeromy Miles to take Elam’s place in such situations.

Ravens D has given up only 1 TD this year and that was by an all pro WR in a desperate
    situation and the D has all these new guys - Mosley, Miles, Brown, Brandon Williams starting
    on the line.

On the down side, AsA went out with a concussion according to www.baltimoreravens.com.

Who the hell is MIles? I never heard of him. Where did he come from? Another great Ozzie pickup like Corey Graham and IH etc. It happens every year we lose somebody.

Elam is turning out to be a great #1 pick and now we have this year's #1 pick Mosley all
    over the field causing fumbles and recovering them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Re: Elam, Jimmy and who the hell is Miles???

Dumervil had a couple of great sacks. He exploded up under the tackle's shoulders throwing him into Ben then he jumped over him sacking Ben, that was crazy.

Elam led the team in tackles and Mosley was number 2. As you said, Mosley also forced then recovered the fumble. B. Williams is the guy we hoped Cody would be. The young defenders are doing very well. Upshaw contributed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Dumervil had a couple of great sacks. He exploded up under the tackle's shoulders throwing him into Ben then he jumped over him sacking Ben, that was crazy.

Elam led the team in tackles and Mosley was number 2. As you said, Mosley also forced then recovered the fumble. B. Williams is the guy we hoped Cody would be. The young defenders are doing very well. Upshaw contributed too.
    Yea Upshaw's hit set the tone. I truly believe Art could make this defense even better.
    You can still play your base 3 on the inside (DE-NT-DT). Then you have Mosley, Art, Daryl kind of manning their specific zone. Safeties over the top, corners covering. This allows the OLB (Suggs) to shift from the left to right side. It averts the QBs attention and forces him to focus on the OLBs motion instead of where certain blitzes are coming from.

Elam has had a very decent start to his second year. He's looked good in both games. You can tell that he just flies around the field.

Blog Entries

Jeromy Miles was on the team last year. It's not like this was his first time playing. He was on the Bengals for a couple of years before that.

Blog Entries

Thanks, GO. I just don't remember him.

Great posts everyone. Looks like the Crimson Tide is finally coming thru and making
    Ozzie proud except for you know who.

And on one of Doooom's sacks, he was being held big time. No call, of course.

Great end to a really shitty week as a Ravens' fan.

Blog Entries

Gotta give credit to HARBs and his assistants who did a great job keeping the team
    focused. HARBs couldnt even focus with all the pressers and Rice business and taking
    the heat for the front office but his assistants took care of the shop while he was
    out. Everyone performed their assignments almost flawlessly.

The score should have been 50-0.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Elam has had a very decent start to his second year. He's looked good in both games. You can tell that he just flies around the field.
    After a shaky rookie start, he came on strong the last 3 games and is continuing
    the pace.

Blog Entries

Um, excuse me,but who was the coach who made all the adjustments to hold the Stealers to 6 points total?

His name is Dean Pees.
    That's Dean Pees, got it?
    DEAN FRICKIN' PEES.

Y'all are real good at bitching & moaning at Pees when you don't like the result. Maybe you should learn how to give him credit when his schemes work, y'think?

Maybe you better get used to it, because I have a feeling you'll see more games like this from the D.

This is how a bend-don't-break defense is supposed to work. Force your opponent to work his way down the field, count on him to make mistakes in the process & jump all over them.

Get used to it.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Um, excuse me,but who was the coach who made all the adjustments to hold the Stealers to 6 points total?

His name is Dean Pees.
    That's Dean Pees, got it?
    DEAN FRICKIN' PEES.

Y'all are real good at bitching & moaning at Pees when you don't like the result. Maybe you should learn how to give him credit when his schemes work, y'think?

Maybe you better get used to it, because I have a feeling you'll see more games like this from the D.

This is how a bend-don't-break defense is supposed to work. Force your opponent to work his way down the field, count on him to make mistakes in the process & jump all over them.

Get used to it.
    ...and as long as the O produces, give 'em three and take 7 all day long for the win.

Blog Entries

It helped that the Ravens offense kept our D off the field in 2d half a lot
    especially in 4th qtr as they wore them down but last week the score should have been 28-0 Cinci, at half time.

Joe brought them back for the win but they still the D couldn't hold on to it.

The D just slaughtered them last night in every facet of the game.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-12-2014 at 08:12 AM.