Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Shazier vs Mosley

Thanks, BC.

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think that was the only time one of his tackles was carried for yards either. Shazier needs to bulk up some. Mosley is a smaller ILB too but he didnt seem to get pushed around nearly as much.
    Shazier got carried tackling in college. Orange Bowl last year, Sammy Watkins drove him 5 yards down the field on a bubble screen. It's why I've never been worried about him as competition.

Shazier is a strong safety playing linebacker ......

Shazier will be good, but clearly inferior to Moze.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Shazier is a strong safety playing linebacker ......

Shazier and Mosely will be compared for years to come. I just think our guy could make it to the Willis stratosphere while Shazier could be just below that.

One additional fact about Shazier is that he appears to not have any eyebrows. Its creepy looking bro.

He runs so fast they burnt off .......

Whatever happened to Jarvis Jones ..??? Thought he was supposed to the next great blitz linebacker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post

Shazier and Mosely will be compared for years to come. I just think our guy could make it to the Willis stratosphere while Shazier could be just below that.
    Yup, guys on radio agreed with me that Shaz will be a good one down the road and it will
    be a great rivalry. He'll bite us eventually and had 11 tackles last night as GO TA mentioned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    He runs so fast they burnt off .......

Whatever happened to Jarvis Jones ..??? Thought he was supposed to the next great blitz linebacker.
    Jones didn't have a bad game yesterday. He had a sack on Flacco, but it was negated by a penalty or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Mosley was the more polished player coming out of college. So, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he's been more impressive so far. The other major difference is that Mosley is surrounded by better talent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Mosley was the more polished player coming out of college. So, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he's been more impressive so far. The other major difference is that Mosley is surrounded by better talent.
    Very fair points.

I think they will both turn out to be excellent players. Where I think that Mosley will be able to slightly separate himself from Shazier will be in his better coverage skills.

In any case neither team has much to complain about regarding their pick of the respective MLB they got. Both will be good. Far to early to tell which will be better. My hunch is Mosley will edge him out
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    In no way am I saying that either will come close to either. But Mosley seems more like a Ray Lewis type LB, while Shazier seems like a Brian Ulracher type player...

Both guys will eventually need to bulk up (Shazier more than Mosley) but as of now Shazier seems slightly more decisive coming down hill against the run and as a result disrupted a few run plays Thursday. Problem is Shazier can EASILY get washed out of a play when you get a hat on him. Mosley can take/shed blocks better and is better in coverage. They'll both be really good Linebackers for a long time.

https://twitter.com/JRFord0/status/510259110856519681

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk