Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Pierce or Forsett

Short term, Forsett. He knows the system and is more comfortable reading the blocks. Pierce is getting to know it and I think he can do very well in this system, but Forsett is more used to it and should figure to be the more productive of the two for at least the first half of the season.

I like our running backs fine but I have to say the star of that position for this game had to be Leveon Bell...he looked like a beast and a completely different player from last year. Not good that we have to face him twice a year

Both have been good tonight. Pierce has been efficient, Forsett has had the best runs of the game but not as efficient for power running. Forsett has the lead in the race IMO, but the race isn't over. Would've like to see Taliaferro run a few snaps too late in the 4th.

I wasn't impressed with either tonight, but I think our O-line played well.

Pierce or Forsett?

The answer is Fitzgerald Toussaint :)

Did anyone else want to see Taliaferro on one of the goal line plays?
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Great 4th Q for both, but the 1st 3/4 of the game, they were sub-par. Think they combined for something like 56 yards on 22 carries. Plus neither was able to convert on short-and-goal.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we can be efficient with either/both. 3.5 - 4 ypc would be a huge improvement over last year, and enough to make play-action effective.

I see BP getting 2/3rds of the carry in the early part of the season, but reversing in favor of Forsett by season's end. Think McGahee/Rice in 09.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    Did anyone else want to see Taliaferro on one of the goal line plays?
    Why not Juszczyk? You have a FB on the roster, maybe try using him?
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

KJ cleared out the left side going to the side line taking a man with him in the end on one of the TDs to the TE. He wasn't needed in the run game with Pierce and Forsett getting 181 yrds.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    KJ cleared out the left side going to the side line taking a man with him in the end on one of the TDs to the TE. He wasn't needed in the run game with Pierce and Forsett getting 181 yrds.
    We'll agree to disagree. Pierce and Forsett were at best only marginally effective for most of the game. And I think we need a pile-mover on those short goal line runs - I'd like him to at least get a chance carrying the rock in those situations.

Blog Entries

Only marginal?

You're right about a pile mover but Joe would have scored up the middle with
    more blocking on the goal line but you missed the rest of the game. Pierce after
    being benched on Sunday ran tonight for 96 yds off 22 attempts while Forsett had 56 yds off 8 totes.

That's a little more than marginal. Give it time. Kubes is just getting this
    offense started.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-12-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Blog Entries

I really thought they were going to go with Forsett but Pierce looked solid. Forsett is a good change of pace that can hit a HR though. They both looked good. Im not too worried with the run game.

that being said, besides goal line defense, the steelers looked pretty shitty against the run against the Browns and not much better against us. its not the same ol steelers D. Im not sure how many 8-8 seasons (or less) its going to take for people to start realizing that the steelers just arent very good right now.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Why not Juszczyk? You have a FB on the roster, maybe try using him?
    Because he's not your granddaddy's FB, he's an H-back--a blocker & pass-catcher, not necessarily in that order.

Juszczyk's Career Rushing/Receiving Stats at Hahvahd:
    3 carries, 19 yards, 0 TD.
    125 receptions, 1576 yards, 22 TD.

IOW he's taken a handoff (or a pitch, who can tell?) 3 times since high school. You could look it up. (More to the point, you could have looked it up beforehand & saved us all the trouble.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!