Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Broadcast tonight...?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It was Simms and Nantz. CBS is producing the Thursday night games this year. Once they go national both CBS and the NFL Network show the same feed. Even the microphones they use have the CBS logo on 2 sides and the NFL Network logo on the other 2 sides. You'll get more pre and post game on NFL Network but everything else is the same.
    I stand corrected. I've been watching re-runs the last few weeks and I think Gumbel/Simms used to be a team.
    Whoever they were the were good. (much better than Dierdorf)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It was Simms and Nantz. CBS is producing the Thursday night games this year. Once they go national both CBS and the NFL Network show the same feed. Even the microphones they use have the CBS logo on 2 sides and the NFL Network logo on the other 2 sides. You'll get more pre and post game on NFL Network but everything else is the same.
    I was at the game so I didn't hear or see any of the TV feed, but I hear radio replays today and it's Ian Eagle sending Flacco and Daniels to the HOF for 3 yd hookups, not Nantz or Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I watched in on NFLN, Gumbel and Simms did the play-by, NFLN studios.
    nice high-def filling my cheap tv screen!
    (Dish Network is giving me free NFLN this month; too bad I can't get it year round)
    Included with DirecTV ... consider switching. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I was at the game so I didn't hear or see any of the TV feed, but I hear radio replays today and it's Ian Eagle sending Flacco and Daniels to the HOF for 3 yd hookups, not Nantz or Simms.
    ugh. I've been known (in the Dierdorf days) to watch the game on tv and listen to the Ravens radio. Hay's in the barn!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I stand corrected. I've been watching re-runs the last few weeks and I think Gumbel/Simms used to be a team.
    Whoever they were the were good. (much better than Dierdorf)
    You got that right!

The way this deal worked out is that CBS paid $275 million to broadcast Thursday night games through October 30. They then are producing the remaining games that will be shown on NFL network. I'm curious to see if they keep their 'A' announce team in there when it stops being shown on CBS.

Ratings for this game were amazing. They were up 108% over whatever they showed last year. That's why they paid so much for just 8 games.

I wound up watching the CBS telecast while listening to the Ravens radio team. It was a little annoying having the radio trail TV by 15-45 seconds, but I thought it was a better option than listening to all the rehash that we have been living with all week.

For out of towners like me, I really like NFL Audio Pass, where you can listen to radio broadcasts of all games (either teams announcers) over your computer. It's like $40 a year. Been doing that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    I wound up watching the CBS telecast while listening to the Ravens radio team. It was a little annoying having the radio trail TV by 15-45 seconds, but I thought it was a better option than listening to all the rehash that we have been living with all week. For out of towners like me, I really like NFL Audio Pass, where you can listen to radio broadcasts of all games (either teams announcers) over your computer. It's like $40 a year. Been doing that for years.
    If you have a dvr, just pause it for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    If you have a dvr, just pause it for the delay.
    I've done this. Radio is instant, tv is delayed. until they come up wi the radio equivalent of a dvr can't pause.
    maybe that Audio Pass thing would do that.

Blog Entries

ugh. I've been known (in the Dierdorf days) to watch the game on tv and listen to the Ravens radio. Hay's in the barn!
    I did that with Hank Stram on Radio and Cosell on TV MNF ages ago also.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old