Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Is Webb playing?

By himself, still making that money though.

I have to wonder if that poster was correct in his assessment that Webb would miss games. I forgot his exact post on the subject, but we riddled him. Turned out, he might be right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Webb is out per the Ravens.
    They said on radio before the game that Webbie's back is OK which he
    hurt in beginning of camp and hasn't played since.

The problem is he's not in physical shape to go 100% in a game at full
    speed, so they're giving him a few games to get into 100% condition.
    They were debating on radio if they could just put him in some of the
    plays. Turns out we didn't need him anyway. The young guys came thru.

I would like to see a breakdown of how many games hes played vs. how many missed since signing that big contract. I like Webb, but he has to be our least reliable player on the roster in a key position. Cant rely on a guy who cant stay on the field.

Blog Entries

We won the SB w/o him and beat Squeelers tonight w/o him. He was injured early that season and we won all those games and the POs w/o him. That was the second time he missed big parts of a season and now this year.

If he's not ready next week for the Cleveland game after having an additional 10 days then you have to start wondering why in the world they didn't put him on the short term IR. Typically I wouldn't question the Ravens judgement when it comes to roster management but after dressing three CB's the last two games I can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Blog Entries

When they restructured Webb's contract last month the Ravens committed to a lot of future cap space for this guy. If they thought health would be an issue then why make that move? At the time maybe they thought the back wasn't an issue. Now after missing the first 2 games I wonder if Ozzie is second guessing himself. Given the very tight cap the next 2 years they can't cut or trade Webb. They better hope he gets healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    THIS IS AN L TONIGHT!

HANDS DOWN!

AND IVE ALWAYS BEEN A NEXT MAN UP GUY

HOPE IM WRONG

with the intermittent pressure provided by the front 7 and this secondary unit.... that's all she wrote.... nothing to see here folks move it along.

This was the lynch pin for me coming into this game.

Damn I hate flimsy players !!

Edit/caveat:

Unless the offense feels like being PRETTY FREAKING AMAZING tonight!!
    Good call bro

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When they restructured Webb's contract last month the Ravens committed to a lot of future cap space for this guy. If they thought health would be an issue then why make that move? At the time maybe they thought the back wasn't an issue. Now after missing the first 2 games I wonder if Ozzie is second guessing himself. Given the very tight cap the next 2 years they can't cut or trade Webb. They better hope he gets healthy.
    I think they'd still get savings if they cut him...obviously the restructuring would lower it though.

Frankly, I don't buy the "back is ok, but he needs conditioning" excuse...you are telling me that he can't play in nickle or dime situations as he builds his wind back?

But the team has to be thinking that it will be time next year to ask for a pay cut or potentially letting him go. At this point, even those suggesting him go to safety have to be rethinking things...it's one thing for your safety to have 2 rebuilt knees...another to have a bad back and have to help out in run support as a safety.

IMHO Webbie and Haloti's contract will be BIG needs to be addressed after the season.

I hope he can get it together though for the rest of the season.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.