Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Crowd Reaction on Thursday Night??

I hope no one wears one either, just because that person may not have the best of experience if they do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco2Boldin View Post
    It won't even take a chant. Anyone want to lay odds on how long it will take the cameras to find a #27 jersey in the crowd?
    I'll set the over/under at 30 seconds.

Luckily no 27 jersey for me! I'll be rocking 20.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Who would start that and, more importantly, add onto that chant? You'd have to be a complete dumbass!
    I agree and I don't think it's likely. It's not like they're going to show his picture on the screen. Honestly until the OP brought it up I never even thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Oh, I'll be there. Section 148, baby. I mean, I'm still allowed to go and root for my team, right? Can I still call the Ravens my team?
    Sure can. I will be there, too.

But I can guarantee you that when we cheer the team coming out of the tunnel, many will turn it into, "Ravens fans cheer on team although they are involved in DV cover-up." Or something stupid like that. See the "Ravens fans give Ray Rice standing ovation" stories from the pre-season. And I am am sure there will be a sign or a couple people wearing #27 supporting Rice that will be taken completely out of context as representing the views of "many" or "most" Ravens fans.

From what I saw, there were quite a few Rice jersey's in the crowd Sunday.

I hope...pray...beg that our fans in the stadium don't do a Ray Rice chant and that there are extremely few Rice Jersey's being worn as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco2Boldin View Post
    It won't even take a chant. Anyone want to lay odds on how long it will take the cameras to find a #27 jersey in the crowd?
    Unforuntately I'm pretty confident they're going to find a woman and/or child with Rices' jersey on and plaster it all over tv. It'll get screenshotted and passed around twitter and make it's way to the front page of Yahoo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Unforuntately I'm pretty confident they're going to find a woman and/or child with Rices' jersey on and plaster it all over tv. It'll get screenshotted and passed around twitter and make it's way to the front page of Yahoo.
    Yup - someone will wear it and they'll find it and complete distract from the game by talking non stop about how the Ravens fans still support Rice. What can you do?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'll be there, loud and proud like always.

The only chant coming from my mouth would be "Steelers SUCK!".

Blog Entries

Fan reception for the team as a whole will be what it always is, and I would be beyond shocked if there is any sort of chant for Ray at the game. The type of person that calls in to 105.7 or posts here in support of Ray, generally speaking, is not the type of person that will be attending the game. Certainly not the majority, anyway.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Have learned not to fret over things we don't control- don't call plays, manipulate cap space, or decide what uniforms the team should wear.. showing a #27 jersey on television, probable; making the broadcast a non-stop talkfest about how Ravens fans have no soul because they support their players, really likely; rating on the "give a crap scale" for those sitting in Section 524- ZERO.

While not condoning the action of one of its now former players, we still bleed purple and will be loud and proud.

The crowd is going to be all over the Steelers. I highly doubt there is any kind of support for Rice. Only a complete jackass or a person wanting to get 15 minutes of fame is going to be that idiotic.