Blog Entries

Christ Canty speaks out nearly in tears

oops - typo in Chris. Sorry.

Says it puts us in tough spot while preparing for the Squeelers.
    He really loves Ray the sinner but not the sin but can't understand
    him doing it and he understands why the team cut him. Said it was a
    deplorable act by Ray.

"I'm a Christian, you hate the sin but you love the sinner," he said. "I don't want to indict or character assassinate Ray, but it's tough to understand when someone commits an act like that. It's tough to understand and rationalize, it's inexcusable so you recognize that it's out of character and it's disappointing. You're hurt.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ray-rice-video

Re: Christ Canty speaks out nearly in tears

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    oops - typo in Chris. Sorry.

Says it puts us in tough spot while preparing for the Squeelers.
    He really loves Ray the sinner but not the sin but can't understand
    him doing it and he understands why the team cut him. Said it was a
    deplorable act by Ray.

"I'm a Christian, you hate the sin but you love the sinner," he said. "I don't want to indict or character assassinate Ray, but it's tough to understand when someone commits an act like that. It's tough to understand and rationalize, it's inexcusable so you recognize that it's out of character and it's disappointing. You're hurt.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ray-rice-video
    I saw the interview earlier. I gained a level of respect for Canty I didn't have before.

Gives me a lump my throat. And I don't get emotional all that often. It's gonna take awhile for everyone to heal from this from the players coaches ownership Ozzie and of course the fans. And most importantly the Rices.

Blog Entries

I think he had a very good point that this just hurts Janay that much more. She now has to relive it. Kind of threw that at the media, but in this case they probably needed to show it despite that.

They asked Torrey and he seems to be standing by him still, but said it was worse than they thought it would be.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Very eloquent and echoes my thoughts.

Blog Entries

The Steelers from enemy territory are saying nice things or at least not bashing Ray.

TP - (PARAPHRASING) I have my own sins and troubles so I can't judge Ray Rice. I
    can only pray for him.

GAY - (PARAPHRASING) My mom died from domestic violence after losing a leg but I don't judge Ray Rice. I pray for him and wish him well and hope he gets the counseling to become a better
    person.

Honestly one of the first things I thought when I saw the video was that Janay not only has to see live this again, but now it's out there and really humiliates her. And as Ray said in the second press conference, it will be there when Rayven is old enough to get on the internet and search.

Blog Entries

I never thought about that. Imagine seeing your dad knock your mom out in an elevator?

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Honestly one of the first things I thought when I saw the video was that Janay not only has to see live this again, but now it's out there and really humiliates her. And as Ray said in the second press conference, it will be there when Rayven is old enough to get on the internet and search.
    Someone said, "If this were a sexual assault, we wouldn't be plastering the video of it all over every available media channel. Why are we doing this to Janay?"

The sad answer to that is because there are marketing dollars to be protected, and there are advertising dollars to be made.