Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: This whole thing is going to ruin the season

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I don't like the whole negative premise of this thread title. This is difficult for everyone involved. Players are humans and this is real drama thrown into our world of fandom. It's bound to happen, and although it's unfortunate, this will pass.
    I agree. Think that these guys are professional athletes it is no doubt a distraction and shock but they also planned on not playing with him this game anyway.

I doubt that they sit around debating the ins and out of the whole thing like we do on here and are more focused on what they can do to get a win ....that might be a bit hopeful but I just think these guys
    know at anytime they could lose a guy to injury or whatever....It might be a shock but it wont kill their season, if they fail it wont be this that is the cause, it will be poor execution
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Call me nuts, but I think releasing Rice could -- COULD -- galvanize the team. It was reported that he had zero respect in the locker room once the team saw the video, because the actual events did not match his story. Now that the distraction of Rice's presence is gone, while the team will certainly have to continue to answer more questions because the media harp on things until they've satisfied themselves, the focus can shift to football. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that we're playing on a short week; they're probably pissed about losing the home opener to the Bungles, so get them out there again and beat Shittsburgh. There is still an entire season of football left.

Blog Entries

I don't agree at all. Rice is gone. It's over. The staff and players can go back inside their bubble in Owings Mills and not have to deal with anything involving Rice any longer. What the media is saying is totally irrelevant to what is going on out on the field, in the locker room, in practice, etc.

On the field, not having him will hurt if you believed he was going to rebound this year (I personally DID) but it's not going to cripple them. They have some solid backs. I mean, the best player on the field for them Sunday was probably Forsett. So, they'll be fine. IMO at least. If they stink, I don't believe it will be because of the Rice stuff.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I don't see this impacting the players. Unlike what happened in Miami or New Orleans this is about 1 guy and not the team. The team got rid of that guy so the rest will be able to do their jobs. If Rice was still here it could be a distraction. I'm very happy they cut him yesterday so the team can worry about the Steelers.