Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Not to be controversial...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    You forgot about guys getting beat up by women. Thats the true gold Standard of violence related comedy
    Death by snu-snu?

Everybody, which by "everybody" I mean a small number of posters, have this idea that I'm a bloodthirsty psychopath. I'm not. No where have I said that violence should be the first, or even the second, answer. I went to visit my best friend in Florida one week and we hit this little dive bar. This dude starts in on me because he thinks I'm talking to his girl. Technically he's right because I said, "excuse me" when I bumped her by accident. Long story short, he punches me in the face and I ask if he has it out of his system. He bought me a beer and we were best buds the rest of the night. The moral of this story is; if you punch someone as hard as you can in the face and they just stare at you, buy them a beer or six.

That's how I handle things because I'm big and strong enough to do serious damage without meaning to. This is also a lesson I really, really have to focus on with my freakishly strong son. The only person he is allowed to roughhouse with is Daddy.

Now to the main point. If you walk up and antagonize another man, then own what you did. If you have to grovel and beg, then break out the knee-pads and practice fake crying. There is no right or wrong in this situation. Both are wrong. He's wrong for hitting you, but the whole situation started because of you. Don't call a man a son-of-a-bitch then cry that we live in a polite society that frowns on violence when he pops you one. We live in a society that also frowns on calling someone a son-of-a-bitch.

See, that's how I deal with people. If I do something, I'll claim the shit out of it. Then, depending on the situation, I'll apologize or tell you to cram it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Not to be controversial...

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Death by snu-snu?

Everybody, which by "everybody" I mean a small number of posters, have this idea that I'm a bloodthirsty psychopath. I'm not. No where have I said that violence should be the first, or even the second, answer. I went to visit my best friend in Florida one week and we hit this little dive bar. This dude starts in on me because he thinks I'm talking to his girl. Technically he's right because I said, "excuse me" when I bumped her by accident. Long story short, he punches me in the face and I ask if he has it out of his system. He bought me a beer and we were best buds the rest of the night. The moral of this story is; if you punch someone as hard as you can in the face and they just stare at you, buy them a beer or six.

That's how I handle things because I'm big and strong enough to do serious damage without meaning to. This is also a lesson I really, really have to focus on with my freakishly strong son. The only person he is allowed to roughhouse with is Daddy.

Now to the main point. If you walk up and antagonize another man, then own what you did. If you have to grovel and beg, then break out the knee-pads and practice fake crying. There is no right or wrong in this situation. Both are wrong. He's wrong for hitting you, but the whole situation started because of you. Don't call a man a son-of-a-bitch then cry that we live in a polite society that frowns on violence when he pops you one. We live in a society that also frowns on calling someone a son-of-a-bitch.

See, that's how I deal with people. If I do something, I'll claim the shit out of it. Then, depending on the situation, I'll apologize or tell you to cram it.
    I can respect that.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller