Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Sun Poll…I'm Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    I think you have a lot of hardened people in Baltimore that see the good and bad in life. ... The good and bad in relationships... Real people that have these type of thing go on in there families. they see both sides. There is empathy.
    Indeed. Excellent point.

Another video appears and has sound. Jannay spit at RR. Make a difference to the lynch mob, probably not. Where' al and jesse, responding to the lynch mob mentality. Criminals have more eights then the Rice family. Being drunk, make a difference to anyone, probably not. AA should have a word on this. It's a disease and people get special treatment to battle it. Man's life ruined for one indiscretion, that's what special interest groups wanted all along. If by chance RR ends his life because of losing his job, are all those people happy, probably. Sad that RR and Janay have their life expose to public scrutiny and will suffer because of a stupid moment. To all those holier then RR and are enjoying a chance tp talk about how much better you are, doing right from wrong. Well, I'll have to hope it's true . Best of luck to RR and his family. Society has reared it's ugly head again.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Indeed. Excellent point.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Another video appears and has sound. Jannay spit at RR. Make a difference to the lynch mob, probably not. Where' al and jesse, responding to the lynch mob mentality. Criminals have more eights then the Rice family. Being drunk, make a difference to anyone, probably not. AA should have a word on this. It's a disease and people get special treatment to battle it. Man's life ruined for one indiscretion, that's what special interest groups wanted all along. If by chance RR ends his life because of losing his job, are all those people happy, probably. Sad that RR and Janay have their life expose to public scrutiny and will suffer because of a stupid moment. To all those holier then RR and are enjoying a chance tp talk about how much better you are, doing right from wrong. Well, I'll have to hope it's true . Best of luck to RR and his family. Society has reared it's ugly head again.
    Dude, if you are going to drop politics into the wrong forum, at least speak reasonably clearly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I basically agree. The holier-than-thou crowd has been out in force since yesterday morning. And the Ravens disappointed me too. You can't do a 180 like they did. Put the man on IR so he can go fix his family problems. There was no need to terminate his employment for one bad mistake (that we know of). If a pattern emerges, that's a different story. And they hurt the team itself with the cap hit they will take. I guess that's what you get by living in the 24-7 internet/cable news cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

I would have if I saw that little pr*ck.

Talk about steeler hater, there was a little Squeelers pr*ck sitting in front of us waiving
    that piss stained towel the entire game until until I told the little pr*ck to sit down and
    shut up or I was gonna stuff it up his ass. He sat down real fast and behaved himself. His father was next to him and the p**sy didn't say a thing. He was decked out in Ravens colors and the son in Squeelers colors. The son was the QB for the JV Loyola Hi school team at the time.

I was with Edna of Nest 1. We were 4 rows behind the Ravens bench.
    If he had been a Mt. St. Joe QB he would never wave a tinkle towel and he certainly could never be a pu^*y.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    This is where the NFL and all the rest of the leagues are in deep shit because there are a long line of players that will fit this bill. And will it stop with just Domestic Violence?
    And this is the very very slippery slope of the mob demanding that the NFL mete out justice. Because you can't just say "everyone who commits DV is out of the league."

What if they aren't convicted? What if it's just a slap, in a reaction to a slap? How about a shove? How about an ALLEGED shove, because in 99% of the cases there are neither cameras nor witnesses?

Now the NFL has to actually become the courts, instead of relying on the courts for primary punishments. There is a reason the the Commish has had the power to administer justice arbitrarily based on what he thinks the 'damage to The Shield" is. Because that's the way it has to be.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    I think you have a lot of hardened people in Baltimore that see the good and bad in life. ... The good and bad in relationships... Real people that have these type of thing go on in there families. they see both sides. There is empathy.
    Very true. Many people have been asking the question, "what would you do if Janay was your daughter?" But many people can relate on the level of, "what would you do if Ray was your son?"
    "Chin up, chest out."

What I find interesting in this whole ordeal is how we as a society react to people who do the wrong things. If you commit acts of DV or say racist things, you are immediately judged by the public as a horrible person because in a politically correct society that is the appropriate reaction. However, if the wrongs committed are politically correct and someone speaks out against them they are considered to be judgmental and therefore taboo.

The point is in saying Ray Rice was wrong and should be treated harshly or Donald Sterling is a racist and should be treated harshly aren't we in fact being judgmental? It's just that in these instances it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And this is the very very slippery slope of the mob demanding that the NFL mete out justice. Because you can't just say "everyone who commits DV is out of the league."

What if they aren't convicted? What if it's just a slap, in a reaction to a slap? How about a shove? How about an ALLEGED shove, because in 99% of the cases there are neither cameras nor witnesses?

Now the NFL has to actually become the courts, instead of relying on the courts for primary punishments. There is a reason the the Commish has had the power to administer justice arbitrarily based on what he thinks the 'damage to The Shield" is. Because that's the way it has to be.
    I guess the new policy is a 6 game suspension unless certain people don't like it. Why stop there, Goodell should let the mob determine everyone's fate for every violation. I'll start the crusade to get Antonio Brown banned from the NFL for kicking the guy on sunday. If enough people get behind it, it'll happen.