Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: And now how about a little perspective???

Green was so wide open and so far behind everyone it was pathetic. Then
    he does a little side step to shake off the last Raven, Stewart I think it
    was, who got there late and he had a chance to
    stop Green from waltzing into the endzone. They should have given Brown
    more help but it probably wouldn't have done any good anway.

We've been having probs with Brown all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    DEFENSE:
    I don't like Pees as a coordinator. Bend but don't break is an incredibly stupid way to utilize our talent on the defensive side of the ball. But he wasn't the reason we lost today. Everybody is focusing on Green's long TD catch, but do they remember that it was an amazing catch by one of the better receivers in the league? Seven points given up in the second half isn't bad. It's damned good actually.
    Problem is that were going on 1+ years of having the defense play OK throughout most the game but then choke it away at the end. I'm not confident at all that they can get stops in crunch time when they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Problem is that were going on 1+ years of having the defense play OK throughout most the game but then choke it away at the end. I'm not confident at all that they can get stops in crunch time when they need it.
    I'm not arguing at all that we should upgrade at DC. Just that today we didn't lose because of him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Unfortunately there's no time for "getting comfortable." If the offense continues to stink out the joint until game 4 you are looking at an 0-3 start, 0-3 in the division, 2 of the losses at home. The season will be toast--too many teams to have to climb over, too few games to do it in.

I wonder how much of the offensive offense can be laid at the feet of the too-cute-by-half super-secretive Belichik-wannabe shenanigans of Harbaugh & Newsome. The offense needed significant snaps against active opposition in order to get into synch; practicing against their own defense wasn't going to cut it. And how much game experience did they get in the preseason? One half plus a couple of extra series. All in the interest of "not showing the opposition anything." Hell's bells, when they finally did show the opposition what they had, the opposition couldn't stop laughing...

I'd also like to know what the hell the medical/training staff is doing to earn its keep. This is 2 years running that back problems have disabled key starters. Are they not keeping an eye on these guys & their workout programs??
    They need to find a way to win while learning the offense. Playing 3 of the 4 at home definitely helps. When the team decided to go with Kubiak they knew it would take time. Fans just don't want to believe it.

I agree with you that they should have used the preseason better. That very 1st drive against the 49ers really seemed to be something different and it was the last time we saw that much of the offense. That was a mistake because now it's a month later and they seem very far away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Piss barely got by the Clowns as Jen had her moments. She threw for an INT
    where the guy fell down, got back up and ran in for a TD.

We played the div champs and came to within 2 mins of playing w/o Webbie
    and as bad as Joe played.

As for .500, we have an easy schedule coming up after Piss starting with
    the Clowns.

As for bashing Joe, Romeo had 3 INTs and lost at home. Joe almost won
    vs a PO team while playing bad.

And Manning just missed having an INT vs the Dolts.

It all evens out in the wash.

I had us down for 2-1 after the Clowns on the thread last week.
    Add in the great tom brady had a lead at half time and played badly to lose the game. Was it the heat or getting old?

Blog Entries

Perspective...aq shipley doing his best to get luck killed tonight. now maybe national media will understand what flacco was deling with last year