• No, we have enough firepower in the roster

4 15.38%
  • It's too early to say anything

13 50.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

I know it is very early and Kyle Boller is signed for another year and is doing well. But still next years draft has a deep QB class, and it is likely that guys like Colt Brennan and John David Booty will fall to mid and later first round. My questions is, should Baltimore draft a QB for future or not?
    Steve McNair has made a huge difference in the Ravens choking this season. Make no mistake about it. He finds a way to choke in the clutch. He has singlehandedly killed the Ravens season as I knew he would. All we needed was a real QB an he's not it. Damn you Steve for becoming a Raven and proving me right! Thanks for nothing Ozzie for getting him!!

Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Best player available....if it's a QB.....so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman07 View Post
    Best player available....if it's a QB.....so be it.
    it's worked pretty well so far. funny, though, how in the last two years, when the Ravens needed help on the lines, the BAPs were Ngata and Grubb.:)
    I'd think, why not go in the FA market?
    while we're discussing qbs...I suspect Derek Anderson will be benched by the end of next season. some of us are old enough to remember Steve DeBerg, who put up some good numbers and won some games for the 49ers before too many picks led him to be replaced by Joe Montana. Methinks the Brownies have too much invested in Brady Quinn not to start him. But I do think Derek A has proven himself to be a legit NFL qb.
    ...and Chris Redman might be available...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I think we need to look at a cornerback in next year's draft.

Wink Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

BPA only. Perhaps scrounge lower rounds for an upgrade over Troy Smith.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    BPA only. Perhaps scrounge lower rounds for an upgrade over Troy Smith.
    Which brings up an interesting scenerio.

If the Ravens were to draft another QB in the upper rounds, regardless of what happens to Steve McNair and Kyle Boller, how do you feel if you're Troy Smith?

I imagine a 2nd round QB pick would start over Troy Smith, Heisman or not.

Then again, I think the rest of the year is going to determine whether or not we need a QB high in the draft.

Wink Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    If they draft a first or second (high round) QB and he looks great in training camp and pre-season who gives a hoot about Troy Smith, Boller, or even McNair's feelings for that matter? The future of the team is more important than any individual player don't ya think?
    I don't give a shit about individual players. QB is a non-issue. If we can pick up a better #3 cheap (5th round or lower), it's OK, but if not, it's no BFD.

We need to invest in our DEs, secondary and LBs. This defense needs some youth. We are likely set at QB, RB, OL, WRs for five years -- why waste a draft pick?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The Ravens are a defensive team. See Chicago Bears from past.

Our O is OK but just OK. The QB position appears to be adequate. If we let down on the defense, it will weaken because of age previously as previously posted. This places unneeded pressure on the O.
    We don't want that pressure. I agree with best player VS QB. If the best player is O or D, it really makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I think it is very much still open to debate if the Ravens are adequate for next year at the QB position. McNair will be another year older and more fragile, Boller still most likely only a proven backup caliber and Smith a proven nothing. I still think they need to go after a franchise type QB in the draft next season because they need to look down the road. If you think otherwise you are only kidding yourself because look around the division. The QB counterparts are Carson, Ben, and now Quinn. The Ravens are the odd man out. Nobody they have now compares to these young franchise types period. The other teams in the division are set and we are still searching for the most important position on any NFL team as far as the future.
    I can't believe I am saying this, but that makes sense. I still hope Boller will come out and play like the guy we drafted as the number 1 pick, but it is not too early to look towards the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't give a shit about individual players. QB is a non-issue. If we can pick up a better #3 cheap (5th round or lower), it's OK, but if not, it's no BFD.

We need to invest in our DEs, secondary and LBs. This defense needs some youth. We are likely set at QB, RB, OL, WRs for five years -- why waste a draft pick?
    I think QB is a big issue with the Ravens. Mcnair is practically done, and Boller is still a huge question mark. He's looked decent in limited time, but he still has yet to prove that he can be that consistent QB that we need. The window for this team is about to close shut. We need to look towards the future and find a QB who can match up with the likes of Roethlisberger and Palmer. I honestly think that the Ravens will draft our QB of the future on day 1.

I think the Ravens have to draft a QB 1st round. McNair is old and will likely play one more season, Boller is a proven backup only and Smith is unproven.

All successfull teams have a franchise QB. We need one to have our offense be taken seriously.

We are thin at corner and LT. Going into next year we are relatively deep at qb, with a decent starter and a decent backup.

Just once I would like to see us put out on the field an *excellent* quarterback. That would really be something.

We'll see who's available, I guess.

By the way. . . If we don't solve this red zone problem, and our pass defense doesn't tighten. . . We may end up drafting earlier then 'mid-round'.

Fingers crossed. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.