26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need to groom a quality QB for future

9 34.62%
  • No, we have enough firepower in the roster

4 15.38%
  • It's too early to say anything

13 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Right, I guess I am in the "what happens the rest of the season" might matter...but I think you'll probably end up right on that one.

In the end, I'd not be upset with Brennan at all if that's what it is in the first.
    That's fair enough, there still is a long way left this season but Garrard looks like he's tied that job down in Jacksonville for a good old while.

As for us taking Brennan, I want to see how the rest of this season goes. If our QB play bombs in our 6 game stretch during the bye then I'll be all about finding a new QB in the draft (doesn't have to be round one, I was all over picking up Trent Edwards on day one this year), but for right now I think you've gotta look at corner and defensive end as our biggest needs right now. It's interesting that our offensive sucks so much right now but we don't need to spend a pick on a WR, HB we've just put cash into, TE is locked down, O-line we've just spent a load of picks on, QB is the only spot open really, or maybe we're not being ruthless enough with our offensive talent?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    maybe we're not being ruthless enough with our offensive talent?
    Without question. and I agree, CB and DE are big needs, time to spend some money/draft picks on the D again. QB is really the only slot on the O that makes sense unless some truly can't miss type prospect falls into our laps on the offensive side (even then it might be better to trade down and get more value...)
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 10-19-2007 at 11:56 AM.

QB position is interesting. This may well be McNair's last year. That leaves Kyle Boler and our Heismann trophy winner on the bench. I think drafting a QB next year depends a lot on what Kyle can do this year.

My hopes are that Kyle will be at least as good as an average QB. That is all the Ravens really need with the defense & running game it has. Our Heismann guy can learn from the bench - something Kyle never had a chance to do until last season.

Summary: If kyle is "plays decent" the remainder of the year, he stays as No. 1. Otherwise we are looking at a draft/trade. Lets hope not.

Blog Entries

I'm kinda partial to Dennis Dixon of Oregon....he has a great arm and is very mobile, which is something we could use.....if not him, I would give my first-born for Tim Tebow in 2009!!! That kid is gonna be a stud for someone in the NFL!!! Why not the Ravens?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Carping about his road record without consideration of how good the team was around him is idiotic.

Archie Manning's win/loss record sucks (home and road), but would you take him as a starting QB?

Boller got that road record throwing to Travis Taylor, Clarence Moore, and Joe, my pizza delivery guy.

Again, since Mason has been here what do the stats say about Boller. Once he got a legitimate WR oddly, his numbers started improving.

Talking Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    There is a better chance of me making the Olympics at age 52 in underwater basket weaving than Boller being a starting NFL QB.
    Spike
    You being trapped underwater until you finish weaving an entire basket . . .
    Now there is an idea we could all get behind!
    If you ain't the lead dog,
    don't complain about the view . . .

Blog Entries

Boller is pathetic for a NFL QB. He had 1, maybe 2 good passes the WHOLE game. The TD to Mason was prolly the best pass I've ever seen him make as well as actually making a good pass on 4th-10. BUT THAT WAS IT!!! He missed Devard Darling down the sideline. He constantly throws off his back foot, even when he's not pressured. I forget who it was, but it was a comp to a receiver that was underthrown. If it was thrown properly, it would have been a TD!!! I'm sick of Boller and Billick's playcalling!!!! That's what this team needs!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 4G63; 10-27-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Why would anyone at this stage in his pro career be surprised that Boller still sucks? I have tried to tell these posters here this repeatedly for the past several years. Nobody wanted to listen but now act like it is some kind of a surprise. :hammer:
    I just found this site last year, but I can understand your frustration. He should be our backup QB for a long time....he doesn't have "it" as a starting QB. We, in my opinion, had the best overall Ravens team ever last year (including SB year), and couldn't get it done for numerous reasons argued to death.

My question to everyone on this board is: Do you honestly think we would have gone 13-3 with Boller under center? I certainly don't think so, nor will we ever go 13-3 with him under center!! If Billick had used his brain last week in Buffalo, he could have made Boller look like a stud by handing off to McGahee at the end of the game. We would have won that game and Boller would have had a road win!! But Billick, as usual, tried to out-think the opponent, instead of using the "KISS" principal: Keep It Simple Stupid!!! And as we all saw last week, Boller failed to deliver!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Well, I think we have found a couple of new HC and QB coaching candidates here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, I think we have found a couple of new HC and QB coaching candidates here.
    Never said I should be HC or QB coach......just stating the obvious! You can't answer my question because you know I'm right. WE HAD THE BEST OVERALL RAVENS TEAM EVER LAST YEAR and couldn't get it done with a healthy McNair under center. What makes you think we could go 13-3 with Boller under center? Do you think they were the right calls on 2nd and 1 in Buffalo last week? Hell, even the coach in hindsight said they were the wrong calls!

I actually wouldn't mind the dink-and-dunk offense we have now if we were scoring TD's in the RZ, instead of kicking FG's!! It serves 2 purposes: 1) controls the clock, which keeps our aging 'D' off the field and 2) keeps the opposing 'D' on the field much longer, which opens up the running game. Remember a healthy Jamal back in the day, when he might only get 2 or 3 yds a carry early, but as they kept running him later in the game, he would start busting off 5 or more yard carries? Thats what we should be doing now. Buffalo was a perfect example. McGahee didn't have any big runs early in the game, but slowly wore them down because their 'D' was on the field so long!!

Haven't heard much about this guy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=146278

I know he hasn't played the upper echelon of college talent, but his numbers are good and he did hang 59 on Navy at Navy.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Wink Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Haven't heard much about this guy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=146278

I know he hasn't played the upper echelon of college talent, but his numbers are good and he did hang 59 on Navy at Navy.
    I posted something on Flacco awhile back. I did see him rack up 30/41 for 434 yards and four touchdown passes in Annapolis. Forgettabout Navy's porous defense: Flacco was poised and his passes were like ropes, right on the money. Accurate & strong-armed. When blitzed, he moved well and smartly threw the ball away when receivers were covered. He really reminded me of Derek Anderson. He might make a good 5th round pick.

At 6'6", with his big arm & mobility, I'd love to see him in purple next summer.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).