• Yes, we need to groom a quality QB for future

9 34.62%
  • No, we have enough firepower in the roster

4 15.38%
  • It's too early to say anything

13 50.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

The only thing about guys like Flacco are the conferences they play in. The D's are slow and the teams aren't very good. I'm not saying he doesn't look promising, but you've got to keep that in mind.....

Flacco may go way before the 5th round...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...rterback-.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Flacco may go way before the 5th round...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...rterback-.html
    Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Blog Entries

Actually, knowing the Ravens, they'll probably pick him in the second round, instead of a good CB, because he fits the "mold" of a pocket passer......I just don't like the level of his competition nor his lack of mobility.......

Joe Flacco looks to me better than some of overhyped one season wonders like Dennis Dixon, I would love to see Flacco play for Ravens. Even the draft gurus like Mel Kiper (who has him rated as the fifth best senior QB) and Todd McShay are high on this guy.
    Steve McNair has made a huge difference in the Ravens choking this season. Make no mistake about it. He finds a way to choke in the clutch. He has singlehandedly killed the Ravens season as I knew he would. All we needed was a real QB an he's not it. Damn you Steve for becoming a Raven and proving me right! Thanks for nothing Ozzie for getting him!!

Wink Re: Should Ravens draft a QB in 2008 draft?

Sorry to see that Flacco is not a well-kept secret! I saw him as a 5th rounder due to 1-AA, but it looks like others are noticing him. I am hoping that Boller plays on par with his overall performance level since Dec 2005, to grab the starter's job next season and then see the Ravens be able to invest in a stereotype NFL QB chosen in lower rounds as a bona fide true competitor for 2009. (Sorry, but I don't see enough out of the undersized Troy Smith to believe that he will ever start in the NFL).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Anybody heard of Josh Betts?

Currently 3rd on the depth chart for Colts, played after Ben at Mia of Ohio. Good college stats, good size at 6'2-215lbs...maybe a trade instead of drafting???

Calm down Tex, despite some of the worst play calling in recent times, I think Brian Billick knows more about football than you and me. If Billick thinks that Boller has improved lets wait and watch Boller perform on the field for a few weeks. Don't forget some football players do take time to develop, if only you can remember that Romo was on bench for first three years of his career. I don't claim to be a football pundit, but the little I know about the game tells me that Kyle Boller do have all the measurables to succeed in NFL. I remember you went quite when your lover McNair was struggling in not too distant past, at least give the poor guy some games to show us what he can do.
    Steve McNair has made a huge difference in the Ravens choking this season. Make no mistake about it. He finds a way to choke in the clutch. He has singlehandedly killed the Ravens season as I knew he would. All we needed was a real QB an he's not it. Damn you Steve for becoming a Raven and proving me right! Thanks for nothing Ozzie for getting him!!