Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Irsay Punishment Announced

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed in general, though I'd point out much of Irsay's worth is tied up in the Colts. He's worth an estimated $1.5 Billion but the Colts are worth $1.4 Billion. That leaves ~ $100 Million and I think you'll agree that isn't all liquid since he owns a rather large home, numerous cars, etc.
    Absolutely true. As we know, Art Modell owned a valuable NFL team and was in serious financial trouble. I'm sure he does not have $100MM liquid. I'm sure he does not have $50MM liquid. I'm equally sure he has more that $500K liquid. He once bought an original Jack Kerouac manuscript for $2.4MM. He is a known collector of rock-n-roll memorabilia. I have no doubt if he happened upon a Jimi Hendrix guitar for $500K he could write a check for it.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

And using your original calculation, Irsay is paying an equivalent to a $7,500 for you. Do you have $7,500 laying around? Would a $7,500 fine from your employer on top of your lawyers fees not punish you?
    I thought we already went over this. i pay 10k... hes paying 510k total. his 510k is like hes paying 7500 (or 7600 for the additional 10k). Hes already being punished twice but for less than in comparison than the average person would. So if I got fined by my employer, it would just increase the discrepancy even more.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The punishment is public humiliation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That was the most under league rules.

Youre gonna have to change the rules.
    Yeah I know. Especially the social media thing. That needs to change. Maybe no Twitter or Facebook for a year for these type offenses. lol.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Absolutely true. As we know, Art Modell owned a valuable NFL team and was in serious financial trouble. I'm sure he does not have $100MM liquid. I'm sure he does not have $50MM liquid. I'm equally sure he has more that $500K liquid. He once bought an original Jack Kerouac manuscript for $2.4MM. He is a known collector of rock-n-roll memorabilia. I have no doubt if he happened upon a Jimi Hendrix guitar for $500K he could write a check for it.
    Valid points.

Does anyone know if owner fines also go to charity like player fines?

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The only way you can punish a owner, is to decrease the control he can maintain on his property.

To effectively punish a owner, the owner must give up the 51% control of ownership to the league - who can use that control however the league sees fit for the duration of the punishment. The control must be relinquished for a minimum of one calendar year, more serious transgressions can have a longer period - all periods are in full years. At the end of the punishment period the punished owner can then purchase back the 51% at the 'going rate' applicable to the particular franchises value.

Anything else is just paying lip service to the theory of punishment.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if owner fines also go to charity like player fines?
    I heard that it goes in the same pool as every other fine which means it will go to the same charities.