Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens resign Derek Cox

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I assumed it was to avoid guaranteeing his contract every week. But I thought that happens if you're not on the roster opening day. So I'm not sure, but I thought it was so maybe we could "Billy Bajema" him and sign/release/sign/release him all season long.

Can anyone confirm what the rules are for doing that?
    Actually, I could be wrong, but I believe Bajema WAS on the Week 1 roster. Because of that, we were able to cut/re-sign him several times without any money changing hands. Essentially, we were already paying him, so he just took on that dead money as salary, and vice-versa.

So Cox COULD become that move...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Where have you been? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL. My thoughts exactly
    Boys, I've been on an extended vacation to Arizona (Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon) with the wife. She said, "No laptop for you or else you'll be conversing with those good-fer-nothin' Ravens fans all day!"
    As the manly man I am, I replied,"YES Dear." Now I'm back with a great tan and a yearning for Ravens talk.
    Apologies, but those prickly pear cactus margaritas sure are tasty... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Josh Bynes cut to make room for Cox

Really sorry to see that. Here's a "read' about him :

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-f1e5c53f13fd

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "... conversing with those good-fer-nothin' Ravens fans all day!"
    Bc
    That kinda talk brings a tear to my eye; really confirms that I'm part of something special.

Welcome back, Bc. Arizona has some really neat places. Next time I get out there I want to check out the Sedona area.

Oh, and yes I'll always remember Josh Bynes' tackle to end the Super Bowl.

Boys, I've been on an extended vacation to Arizona (Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon) with the wife. She said, "No laptop for you or else you'll be conversing with those good-fer-nothin' Ravens fans all day!"
    As the manly man I am, I replied,"YES Dear." Now I'm back with a great tan and a yearning for Ravens talk.
    Apologies, but those prickly pear cactus margaritas sure are tasty... Bc
    The wife and I are planning to go to Arizona next year (her grandparents invited us), I spent a few days in Miami a couple of weeks ago and came back in time for the third preseason game against the Redskins. As I am constantly learning on a regular basis: The wife is indeed the boss LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    That kinda talk brings a tear to my eye; really confirms that I'm part of something special.

Welcome back, Bc. Arizona has some really neat places. Next time I get out there I want to check out the Sedona area.

Oh, and yes I'll always remember Josh Bynes' tackle to end the Super Bowl.
    Let me know when you're going and I'll surely give you my list of favorite place in the Sedona area - (Red Rock hiking areas, restaurants/bars, "ghost" towns [especially Gold King Mine and Haunted Hamburger in Jerome], Monezuma Well and Castle, Native American ruins and cave paintings/petroglyphs, and "Golden Goose" for breakfast [crab and shrimp omelet with tri-color potatoes] is a must, plus pie @ exit 242 off route 17 (north or south) is an experience... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Bynes will get picked up. He can play. Hell, he wears the green dot on his helmet a lot when he plays.
    He wore the green dot for the Denver regular season game in 2012 (week 15). That's the only time he's worn it for the Ravens in a game that counts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    He wore the green dot for the Denver regular season game in 2012 (week 15). That's the only time he's worn it for the Ravens in a game that counts.
    His experience as a 3-4 ILB and ST's ability will make him marketable for several teams.

Arizona might be interested after losing Karlos Dansby and having Daryl Washington be out for a while.

The Falcons could also be interested.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yeah? What did the SiL say?

You mean she didn't come along?? Did you count the silverware when you got back??? Are you thinking, Y'know, I could swear I had an 80" HDTV on that wall there?????

Seriously, is the lifesize cardboard cutout of Hopalong Cassidy still in the entryway of the movie museum in Sedona? (That is one weird-arse place. I remember my introduction to the town--pulling into a small strip mall by the roadside & walking into a shop the size of a WalMart that sold nothing but crystals...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 55m
    The Tennessee Titans had wanted to sign veteran corner Derek Cox before he rejoined the Ravens on a one-year, $730,000 deal, per a soruce

I wonder (and I don't know) that if the Titans rumor is true, then that means Cox gets full pay for being on the roster week 1? I'm sure that makes him happy.

Blog Entries

It is possible that the Ravens wanted to wait until after week 1 to sign Cox back, since Webb, Smith and Jackson were all back practicing. However, once they learned that the Titans wanted him now, they had no choice but to sign him sooner and bite the bullet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore