Derek Carr gets the nod over Matt Schaub

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 25m
    Breaking: Raiders players have been informed that the team is making the switch at QB and starting Derek Carr over Matt Schaub

The fall of Schaub continues, Kubiak did some really good things with Schaub but he'll get even more out of Joe.

Blog Entries

Re: Derek Carr gets the nod over Matt Schaub

Great move by Dennis Allen IMO. Might save his HC career out there in Oakland.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Apparently Shaub banged up his elbow in game 3 of the preseason, but after he stunk the place up for a while. I'm guessing he was no more than a stop-gap QB any way, and Carr has apparently impressed in training camp and preseason.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Hes got great arm talent. They bring him along slowly as far as between the ears (dont over complicate things) and he should be just fine.
    -JAB

Not good for Carr. Murderers' row of a schedule (NFC West,AFC West,AFC East),RB issues(injury-prone Darren McFadden,geriatric Maurice Jones-Drew),Poor O-Line (which is bad because one of the knocks on him was performance under pressure),poor receivers(no safety valve),and he's generally been thrust into a poor situation (HC,GM on hot seat and the Raiders in all likelihood can be drafting Jameis Winston next year).

Blog Entries

Derek Carr gets the nod over Matt Schaub

Check this

@RapSheet: Life in @NFL: Matt Schaub took David Carr's starting job with #Texans in '07. In '14, younger brother Derek takes Schaub's job with #Raiders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Check this

@RapSheet: Life in @NFL: Matt Schaub took David Carr's starting job with #Texans in '07. In '14, younger brother Derek takes Schaub's job with #Raiders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In '15 Kubiak will get hired as the HC of the Raiders after reviving the Ravens' offense,completing the cycle.

Saw him play a bit on NFL Red Zone. of course lots of qbs look good week 4 preseason (Babe Laufenberg?).
    as noted, he has arm strength, which can't really be coached. Schaub really went downhill fast. (starting with that pick six at M&T). or maybe the rest of the league caught up with him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)