Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

Ok, please be honest and objective...

I don't get much of a chance to watch the pre-season games or practices, I just go by what I read...

Our top 3 spots are locked up, with Mason, Clayton, and Williams. Based on his performance so far, DVD is #4.

So, assuming we only carry 5, what's going to happen? Based on the camp reports and game performances, we're looking at a battle between Moore and Travis LaTenderesse.

Moore gives us some obvious physical tools, in that he's 6'6" and sometimes has great hands. But he's had major problems hanging onto the ball, and he's been hurt.

TLT has far outperformed his undrafted counterparts. I can't say I've seen or heard him making big catches, but he's definitley giving it his all out there.

So who do you think should make the team? Or will Moore be PUP/IR'd and TLT will get his shot until Moore gets back?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

At the very least, I think TLT gets onto the practice squad. However, I don't see him making the final 53, unless we carry 6 WR's, which is unlikely. TLT has done some good things in camp, but he's still unproven.

Moore on the other hand is a proven WR. We know what he did vs the NY teams his rookie year. Yes, he did not look good last year, in the few chances he had. But that does not take away what he's capable of.

This is how I see the depth at WR:
    Mason
    Clayton
    Williams
    Darling
    Moore

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Moore on the other hand is a proven WR. We know what he did vs the NY teams his rookie year. Yes, he did not look good last year, in the few chances he had. But that does not take away what he's capable of.
    If Moore doesn't prove to me he can catch a ball over the middle before the pre-season is over I think he should be gone.

I'd say TLT. I liked what I saw from him at camp. Even though he is not a very big guy, I saw quick and fearless over the middle. That was good enough for me given the choice of either him or Moore.

I am done with the Clarence Moore experiment.

No Moore Clarence! Do we have clearance Clarence?
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman
    I am done with the Clarence Moore experiment.
    I second that. Stubborn Billick seems to have a never-ending fascination with him because of his height.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenatic20
    Moore on the other hand is a proven WR.

I'm not saying I like Moore, it's just I don't see this un-drafted rookie beating him out. Yeah, I want Moore out of here, but we don't exactly have anyone to replace him.

Moore doesn't play on special teams. If you see TLT playing special teams (I have to admit I have not specifically looked for him), this might spell the end for #84.

I'll make an effort to look for him next game.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

I like TLT, he's kind of like Stokely. I also agree with the Billick part. IF, we used him only in the end zone, and threw the ball 10 feet in the air (like the only catches he has made), then I would say great. Billick, however, has a hard on for making him into a regular receiver, and you know he will never admit to being wrong.:grbac:

If Moore doesn't prove to me he can catch a ball over the middle before the pre-season is over I think he should be gone.
    Exactly.
    In the past He has dropped too many balls that could have helped this team.

TLT should get that last spot as long things stay the same

wrong thread, sorry.
    Last edited by DrUnk; 08-21-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Unk--I used the same comparison before we found our new home here ( or maybe after also, I can't remember)on this board.

"Stokely-ish" was the best I could come up with then.
    I think if we are keeping DVD and DWill, it is time to cut the experiment loose. One day at camp watching him (TLT) run the middle of the field was good enough, dude was fearless. Especially w/ McNair's ability to place the ball for YAC. Ed McAfferey (sp) would be a good comparison as well for TLT.
    SS