Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Future of Tyrod Taylor Career - Your Guesses ? I think it will be successful.

Just saw USA Today's power ranking of NFL Backup QBs. Taylor comes in at #20.
    That is probably fair given his small amount of playing time and media visibility.
    I just have this gut feeling he will be playing in the Post Season in the NFL as a starter someday and at least winning a couple of those games. I just see something in him and it is super positive. He may be able to put up seasons similar to, oh gosh, this is just kinda grabbing, but I'd say Jeff Garcia, Trent Green, Jeff Blake but going a bit further. Especially if he does not end up with a perennial bottom feeder.

He was just such a winner at Virginia Tech, and conducts himself in a professional way in his role here with the Ravens. If you watched him at VT, he was not a hopeless one read and run like hell QB. He did good things within the pocket and I know his time here in Baltimore watching what happens to QBs who miss significant time because of their nearly hopeless need to take off (Vick, RG III etc). At the same time he is a tremendous athlete and can make plays when things break town. He is a smart guy, and can use those out of pocket opportunities wisely. Lethal runner.

And don't focus to much on his so called poor or mediocre accuracy and efficiency. He is almost always playing with the backup lineman and receivers who can't run routes. At lot of his playing time has come with guys who don't even make the 53 roster. My family has some ties with his, tho not at all close. My father lived next to his grandmother in a retirement community and we got to catch up to him once and awhile. One thing we have learned is that he is so determined to win here or anywhere and to stay poised while waiting on his chance. I hope he gets it. It is interesting to think where he might end up. What do you all think where he will land, and what type of contract are we looking at here? I think his chances of staying in Bmore are close to zero. Backup Quarterbacks can make serious money after their rookie contracts (a great job is you ask me). He may have to just show his stuff similar to what Kaepernick did and cause a QB decision to happen in the face of a starter not playing well or hurt. Or - compete in camp somewhere and just take someone's job away. I think he can do it. What do you all think?
    Last edited by alienstar; 08-26-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Re: Future of Tyrod Taylor Career - Your Guesses ? I think it will be successful.

I'd say your ties with him are clouding your judgment.

He's been here for 3 years now, going into his 4th. Numerous teams with questionable QB situations have had a chance to lure him away and they've passed. At this point in his career, he is what he is.

Re: Future of Tyrod Taylor Career - Your Guesses ? I think it will be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Just saw USA Today's power ranking of NFL Backup QBs. Taylor comes in at #20.
    Link?

A team who runs the read option would be a good fit for Taylor. The advantage of having him on the Ravens is they have someone who can mimic a mobile QB in practice. I like the guy and wish him well.

Blog Entries

I'm inclined to believe he has helped the defense with his running ability, such as the 49er Super Bowl, running the scout team. He has value to us. But let's not kid ourselves, Brees, Manning, Brady and our own Flacco go down, there is no Super Bowl.

Here is the link:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/nfl-...johnny-manziel

For Houston Raven....educate me a bit. I might not know much about contracts, but how would other teams lure him away if he is on a four year rookie contract. Under contract. Maybe I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    A team who runs the read option would be a good fit for Taylor. The advantage of having him on the Ravens is they have someone who can mimic a mobile QB in practice. I like the guy and wish him well.
    I'm not sure of his value with read option anymore either. The league, by and large, has figured it out. Read option has gone the way of Wildcat.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    For Houston Raven....educate me a bit. I might not know much about contracts, but how would other teams lure him away if he is on a four year rookie contract. Under contract. Maybe I am missing something.
    Trade.

Lure him away was a bad way to put it. My bad.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-26-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Dennis Dixon's career is his future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Trade.

Lure him away was abad way to put it. My bad.
    If that's the case you can say the same thing about any player under contract.

Here is another link, that while a bit old, echoes my sentiments on Tyrod.
    Also remember this for me is just one of those gut feelings too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...eing-an-nfl-qb

BTW, Tyrod comes in at #23, not #20.

.... sandwiched between Kellen Clemins and Curtis Painter no less.