Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Direct TV's new Deal with NFL

And the money keeps rolling in. New Market highs will be set for QBs. I predict alot of top tier QBs could easily be earning $25m per year by the time this deal ends.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ong-term-deal/

Re: Direct TV's new Deal with NFL

Good for the NFL. People want to see the NFL and are willing to pay to see it.

As for the QB price tags, the cap goes up along with the TV revenue, though I don't think this deal factors in, just the deals via the network rights.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-25-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Misread OP -- My Apologies

Blog Entries

I don't like it because I want to see the NFL package to be available for other service providers.

Not a Direct TV fan.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't like it because I want to see the NFL package to be available for other service providers.

Not a Direct TV fan.
    Same here....but DirecTV is going to do everything it can to hold onto it...it's really all that keeps them relevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Seems to be regional whether people like or hate DirecTV.

I LOVE DirecTV and many people here in Houston have it. I'd most likely have it even if they did not offer Sunday Ticket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Same here....but DirecTV is going to do everything it can to hold onto it...it's really all that keeps them relevant.

I agree.

They're regular service is really pricey compared to other services and their quality isn't all that different.

I was hoping Amazon would jump in and get the NFL to do a deal with them for game feeds with their Amazon Fire TV service.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I LOVE DirecTV and many people here in Houston have it. I'd most likely have it even if they did not offer Sunday Ticket.
    I don't hate it...but I'm not really a fan either.

Not having good internet service hurts.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I honestly thought the emergence of red zone would dilute Direct TV's staying power but as the article mentioned the NFL had leverage when it became known that AT&T's upcoming deal would have to include retaining Direct TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Same here. I relocate ever few years with the military so having the same channel number wherever I go, minus the locals is a huge plus with me.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Not a Direct TV fan.
    Blame the NFL. They're the ones selling the package. Years ago Comcast was interested but didn't want to pay what the NFL was asking. Instead they paid their pet Senator to threaten the NFL with removing the anti-trust if they didn't comply. Obviously that went nowhere.

If every provider had access then the package wouldn't be worth so much. By keep it exclusive they can get top dollar. And as we all know the NFL is about getting every dollar they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Same here. I relocate ever few years with the military so having the same channel number wherever I go, minus the locals is a huge plus with me.
    :word

(and thank you for your service!)

Blog Entries

I'd keep it too even if it didn't have the Sunday Ticket. However I am not happy about this merger with AT&T. If DirecTV runs things the way AT&T does then I might reconsider.