Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RG who ???????

Re: RG who ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Cousins is a good backup, but he crashed and burned as a starter last year.
    Absolutely correct. But Griffith, who looked like Superman over his first 13 + 3/4s games, has played like a scared rabbit ever since Ngata pounded into the FedEx turf. Several times last night, he had secondary receivers open, yet got happy feet rather than standing tall in the pocket long enough to find the secondary receiver or dump the ball off. I think the kid's problem is more mental than physical.

Unfortunately, the Landover team is not on our schedule this season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

He just seems to want celebrity status more than to be a great football player, not realizing that had it not been for football, he would never have gained access to celebrity in the first place. Washington has a dilemma on their hands, after having ransomed their future and running Shanahan out of town for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Absolutely correct. But Griffith, who looked like Superman over his first 13 + 3/4s games, has played like a scared rabbit ever since Ngata pounded into the FedEx turf. Several times last night, he had secondary receivers open, yet got happy feet rather than standing tall in the pocket long enough to find the secondary receiver or dump the ball off. I think the kid's problem is more mental than physical.

Unfortunately, the Landover team is not on our schedule this season.
    Yeah, RG3 has some issues and is no longer looking like the guy he was before Haloti hit his knee, but for those people touting Cousins, even with Griffins subpar year last year, he still had a higher QB rating than Cousins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah, RG3 has some issues and is no longer looking like the guy he was before Haloti hit his knee, but for those people touting Cousins, even with Griffins subpar year last year, he still had a higher QB rating than Cousins. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Or we see an RG3 who is declining and a Cousins who is developing like a third year quarterback should. The difference last night was stark. Griffin seemed slow to make decisions while Cousins was quick. Griffin looked like a rookie who never saw the offense before and Cousins looked in control. Griffin even looked slow trying to get to the sideline.

Blog Entries

The reality is that Mike Shanahan did not want to draft Robert Griffin III. When have you ever known Shanahan to want to give up that many picks for one player? Shanahan was forced to draft Robert Griffin, by the Owner Daniel Snyder. Shanahan wanted Kirk Cousins all along. When you wondered why they took two QBs in the same draft, that's why. The decisions put Griffin and Shanahan at odds, and surprise, the QB won. That's how it usually works when the front office is convinced that they have a franchise QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Or we see an RG3 who is declining and a Cousins who is developing like a third year quarterback should. The difference last night was stark. Griffin seemed slow to make decisions while Cousins was quick. Griffin looked like a rookie who never saw the offense before and Cousins looked in control. Griffin even looked slow trying to get to the sideline.
    Considering how well young QBs are playing these days, I'd expect my second year QB who started games at the end of his second year to put up a QB rating over 70...especially considering his rookie year like Griffin had a QB rating over 100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

"RG who" does do a hell of a subway commercial. 5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    "I pity the fool who does" Anyway, hope the NFL comes down hard on merriweather. Rg3c has to be wondering if he has the starting job at this point. But it was a preseason game and the skins lost again.
    They just can't admit the real issue and that's that Cousins go that go ahead touchdown against us to win the game in 2012 and they're still smarting over that.

Blog Entries

I thought Boy Wonder was staying out of things down there after Bisciotti's success letting Ozzie run the show. I read that and some skins fans in OC told me that last summer. Here it is again.

Shanahan has had full say over personnel matters for four years. Everybody he handpicked to represent this offense—save for rookie tight end Jordan Reed—is healthy, and yet he is reportedly going to bench Griffin.

Frankly, doing so is an indictment on his track record in free agency and the draft.

So it seems rg3 was certainly Boy Wonder's guy in the end.

If that's the case, and if Shanahan feels undermined by the relationship between Snyder and the franchise quarterback, this would be one hell of a ploy to not so subtly deflect blame within the organization.

Sadly, that's a possibility.

Enter Jay Gruden. ILMAO People like Irsay and BW can always find someone desperate enough to be their head coach. I would have hired his dad over him. Maybe he tried to and John recommended his son.

This Shannahan shot at BW reminds me OF Spurrier, another great coach who got fired. Actually he quit rather than fire his entire coaching staff as BW wanted losing millions. You gotta
    respect Shanny and Spurrier after moves like this. They didnt give a damn about losing their
    jobs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-failed-season

COUSINS STARTS:

Shanahan said the move had nothing to do with any of that. Rather, he said Griffin has been hit too much in recent games and the coach wanted to make sure that the quarterback reaches the offseason healthy -- something he did not do last season because of torn ligaments in his knee, missed time that cost him a chance for more success this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...rt-griffin-iii
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-24-2014 at 03:56 PM.

RG does a hell of a subway commercial 5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG!

Cool Re: RG who ???????

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Honestly, the Deadskins love having a QB controversy more than any other NFL franchise around. Sonny and Billy! Gus and Heath! Now RGIII and Kurt! I think it is hysterical and better than any circus sideshow or act in a comedy club!

Unfortunately, the things they never seem to be able to focus on are: (1) how to keep from overpaying for players during free agency, (2) how to keep from getting into Cap-Hell and not being able to afford to have decent backups on their roster whenever injuries occur, and....(3) having more than a one year (fluke) winning streak followed by a 3-4 year straight losing streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Note: Next board member who posts political commentary regarding Griffith vs. Cousins will face suspension. Do any of y'all who got into this political debate read the board rules?
    Good on yer, Sir T!