Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Anyone worried about bad ass Shazier?

Why should anyone worry about a rookie who has yet to play a single regular season game? Seriously. Actually, Pittsburgh fans should be worried that the Steelers have used so many high draft picks on LBs over the past several years and with relatively little to show for it. Give me a nickel for every forgotten player who had a good first training camp.

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone worried about bad ass Shazier?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    nfl.com has an article today talking about how good he played last night, not missing any tackles. From what I saw, he made tackles but they were all 10 yards downfield after his man made the catch.
    I didnt watch the entire game, but from what i saw he did not play particularly well. out of position or as you refer making tackles down field. Id say he looked pretty average.
    -JAB

Louis Riddick
    ‏@LRiddickESPN
    Shazier getting a lesson on what it means to get stuck on blocks. Was a flaw of his in college, and still is. Has to improve #Steelers
    I expected this to be the part of his game that he'd need to improve on the most due to his size and the fact that he's going from a 4-3 in college to a 3-4. I'm not sure if Pitt's D-line is stout enough to keep guys off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    nfl.com has an article today talking about how good he played last night, not missing any tackles. From what I saw, he made tackles but they were all 10 yards downfield after his man made the catch.
    Plus he was beat several times in pass coverage against an UDFA.

Ryan Shazier, ILB, -2.9

Breakdown: The mobile Shazier met the mobile Eagles’ offense and the rookie came off second best. Found out to the tune of 70 yards on six catches in coverage, he didn’t make any sort of an impact in run defense, either.

Signature Play: Stiff armed to the ground by Eagles’ WR Jeff Maehl at 2:44 in the third quarter for one of his two missed tackles on the night.
    According to PFF his game against Buffalo wasn't all its cracked up to be

If you’re looking for some positives in Shazier’s first game, there are certainly plenty to point to. The interception was impressive and there were flashes of potential sprinkled throughout his 37 snaps. However, if you’re just looking at the boxscore, the numbers don’t give a full indication of some of his weaknesses in the game, whether it was falling down in coverage, whiffing on the tackle, and getting sealed out of a few running plays.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I didnt watch the entire game, but from what i saw he did not play particularly well. out of position or as you refer making tackles down field. Id say he looked pretty average.
    That's what I saw, too. I don't know what the nfl.com guys were watching.

Forget Shazier, we should turn this into an "Anyone worried about CJ Mosely" thread and post it on the Steelers forum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Forget Shazier, we should turn this into an "Anyone worried about CJ Mosely" thread and post it on the Steelers forum
    Ive seen more of mosley but hes looked better in my opinion. Hes had some similar issues with getting off blocks and taking bad angles now and then but in general hes looked better imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Mosley got a big intercept vs Skins and announcers said this is what he does.
    I was more impressed with him than Shaz the other night but they're both
    rookies and both making mistakes and they both will be good.