Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How About Passing Right From The Get Go??

What Time Is It....mike Time And Running Backs In The House
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Can our heavies manage to breathe in a no huddle offense, much less 5,000 feet above sea level?
    There's nothing set in stone that says a no huddle offense has to be a hurry-up offense.

We seem to take forever between plays,the defense has time to grab a beer and a plate of wings before we break the huddle.
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    That's classic Everytime SuperCoach is asked this question his response is the same: We don't want to put the defense in a position to be on the field for too much time, we want to play ball control and field position, McNair doesn't have total grasp of the offense yet, and we're still a running team, blah,blah,blah. If this ever happened I think the whole city would collapse into shock.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

this board is so much better. I posted this on YBR and one of the douchbags mods deleted it.

I like the voltron thread but if that can stay or the other can be moved to off topic then this one should have stayed.

The over moderate over there.

You guys are great over here

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    this board is so much better. I posted this on YBR and one of the douchbags mods deleted it.

I like the voltron thread but if that can stay or the other can be moved to off topic then this one should have stayed.

The over moderate over there.

You guys are great over here
    Aren't they the same guys?

some but theres guys like drayraven who imho are out trying to fix ybr in one day, and it's just not going to happen.

that board is like the san francisco 49ers of message boards. they had their glory but now its time to move on to the 21st century

I think Chicago has blown the theory of "keeping your defense" on the field for too long. Its one thing if you have a "bend but don't break" approach -- e.g., the 2000 team -- its another if you have a higher risk / turnover approach like we have. (P.S. remember that Grossman was drafted after Boller :grbac: )

Billick's argument is wrong -- the whole West Coast offense was pass first to set up the run and have ball control. If someone has statistics, I bet we could prove that we do better when we pass on first down. Certainly when you watch the replays on NFL short cuts (only 30 minutes!) it looks that way to me.

If you're in a hole, stop digging. We need to stop this predictability! At least Fassel seems to acknowledge some of these issues right from the start on the talk shows.