Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Taliaferro stepping up and doing damage

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    my memory of the 08 season was leading in the fourth quarter and unleashing the three-headed monster and running for five-six minute drives in the fourth quarter to put games away.
    Yeah, well, my memory of that season is McGahee & McClain ripping off 160 yards & 2 TDs on consecutive plays vs the Cowpats. Now that wuzza thanga beauty. (Talk about a rush...:D)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Yeah, well, my memory of that season is McGahee & McClain ripping off 160 yards & 2 TDs on consecutive plays vs the Cowpats. Now that wuzza thanga beauty. (Talk about a rush...:D)
    They really took the edge off the celebration of the last game at Texas Stadium, didn't they? I loved Suggs' quote:

""I hope they enjoyed their little ceremony. I guess we were kind of like the dynamite.""
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I really liked how LT looked vs. SF.
    Low pad-level. Legs cranking through contact. No stuttering or perceived indecision.
    Workman like body language and demeanor. Appeared very focused, and methodical...despite probably being nervous as hell.

His combine workout is below.
    No wasted movement at all. Sharp, but smooth.
    His 3 cone time? 6.88 at 230 lbs :respect

His hands measured below 8 3/4 IIRC, but they look soft here...and he tracks the deep ball well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8xCfgsM0U

We may go RBBC in '14 and maybe even '15; and provided he doesn't lay the ball down, LT is going to get plenty of touches and targets.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Someone mentioned Anthony Allen and the sad thing is that Allen would have probably fit this offense better than Cameron's.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I am cautiously optimistic - his carries weren't exactly against San Frans elite. It would be nice to see him get some earlier reps Saturday to see if he can still move a 1st team defense pile (understanding that very little about the defense in Dallas is "1st team").

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I really liked how LT looked vs. SF.
    Low pad-level. Legs cranking through contact. No stuttering or perceived indecision.
    Workman like body language and demeanor. Appeared very focused, and methodical...despite probably being nervous as hell.

His combine workout is below.
    No wasted movement at all. Sharp, but smooth.
    His 3 cone time? 6.88 at 230 lbs :respect

His hands measured below 8 3/4 IIRC, but they look soft here...and he tracks the deep ball well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8xCfgsM0U

We may go RBBC in '14 and maybe even '15; and provided he doesn't lay the ball down, LT is going to get plenty of touches and targets.
    He could be a fantasy football stud. Like Willis McGahee in Ray's second year, when Ray got all the yards and Willis kept punching it into the end zone. 544 yards and 12 TD for the season.

Bettis did the same thing in his last year -- 368 yards and 9 TD. I could definitely see Tagliafero putting up some numbers like that.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

And we got Dallas tomorrow and with the same results. I read where the first
    unit will probably only play 2 series so Taliaferro should get a lot of snaps in,
    so should Wenning who has come on strong since the practice at Navy. See
    DEVs notes for his last day of practice. His ball almost lknocked the hands off
    the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    unit will probably only play 2 series so Taliaferro should get a lot of snaps in,
    so should Wenning who has come on strong since the practice at Navy. See
    DEVs notes for his last day of practice. His ball almost lknocked the hands off
    the receiver.
    Where did you see this? I've read the starters will probably go a little more than a quarter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Where did you see this? I've read the starters will probably go a little more than a quarter.
    With the way Dallas' defense is shaping up, it might take a little over a quarter for the Ravens offense to finish two drives.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    With the way Dallas' defense is shaping up, it might take a little over a quarter for the Ravens offense to finish two drives.
    Yeah, but each drive might be only one play long. :)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    unit will probably only play 2 series
    And where might you have read that, Trap? Official Ravens site begs to differ:
    Some of the starters could play for a full half, while others will play for the traditional time.

“Normally in the second preseason game you get a quarter, maybe a little more than a quarter,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “Some of that will be individualized for different players; we’ll have some play counts for a few guys, including Joe [Flacco] and some of the defensive players.”
    Next:
    Quote Originally Posted by AF, intermezzo
    so should Wenning who has come on strong since the practice at Navy.
    Again, the Ravens site has something quite different:
    Will the Ravens give the rookie more time this week?

“That’s going to be [dependent on] the way the game goes; how many plays we get on offense,” Harbaugh said.

Wenning is trying to earn a roster spot as the team’s third quarterback, but the Ravens have to balance his playing time with getting Taylor reps. Taylor has hardly played in the regular season during the last three years, and the preseason is important for him to get game experience.

“Tyrod needs work – not that Keith doesn’t, also – but Tyrod has had lots of practice time here, but he hasn’t had much game time,” Harbaugh said. “I think Tyrod’s a really good quarterback, and the chance to play that out in a game is really what makes the difference. He needs that. Keith will get whatever work is available.”
    Finally:
    Quote Originally Posted by AF, coda
    See DEVs notes for his last day of practice. His ball almost lknocked the hands off the receiver.
    Maybe you should post a link, because when I went back through Dev's Camp Notes the last Wenning mention I found was on August 2:
    While you can hear and see the velocity on Flacco’s throws, especially to the sidelines, rookie Keith Wenning doesn’t have anywhere near the same arm strength. Now, in fairness to Wenning, Flacco does have one of the strongest arms in the league. However, Wenning’s passes noticeably sailed and hung in the air too long. If any cornerbacks were involved in these individual drills, there might have been a couple of INTs on the out patterns thrown by the former Ball State Cardinal.

All in all, the rookie’s throws were off target and receivers had a hard time adjusting to his passes.
    A fur piece from "almost knocking the hands off the receiver." And arm strength isn't the kind of thing that ramps up in a couple of days...

I tell ya, Trap, I wonder what universe you're clomping around in, 'cuz a lot of the time it sure doesn't sound like the one the rest of us inhabit. Did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor?? Did the Colts beat the Jets in SB III, or the Rooskies beat us to the moon??
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!