Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Belichick Does It Again - Trades for two good DT's

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Little risk, high reward and usually fill a need on the team in some manner.
    If thats the case no need to praise this move? Ozzie does this every year and half this board kills him for it. Bilechick is a helluva coach but until Tom Brady is out the game and if he's still coaching? I'll reserve my "taste" for him so to speak.

I'll always wonder how the NEPs would have done in a tougher division. Only real competition they've had was from Rex (beat them in the playoffs one year, heh heh), and the Dolphins during the Wildcat year. That gives them a 5-1 foundation. Imagine them playing Pigsburgh and the Bengals every year.
    doesn't appear they've drafted well, and they've been hit/miss on FAs (Adalius Thomas?). It helps if you can give up an old DE to the Raiders for a high #1 pick (thank you Hue).
    question is, how much gas does Brady have in the tank? If he ever fades we could see the Jets win the division at 7-9.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    If thats the case no need to praise this move? Ozzie does this every year and half this board kills him for it. Bilechick is a helluva coach but until Tom Brady is out the game and if he's still coaching? I'll reserve my "taste" for him so to speak.
    Ozzie doesn't do it near to the level or success Belichick enjoys. I think that's where he deserves the praise.

And the coach isn't good without his QB debate again? Come on. Might as well criticize the sky for being blue.

Where would Harbs be without Flacco?
    Where would Peyton be without Brees?
    Where would Coughlin be without Eli?

..... point is, for every great coach there's a great QB and vice versa. It's nothing new and not a knock on any of those coaches, including Belichick.

Blog Entries

Ozzie doesn't do it near to the level or success Belichick enjoys. I think that's where he deserves the praise.

And the coach isn't good without his QB debate again? Come on. Might as well criticize the sky for being blue.

..... point is, for every great coach there's a great QB and vice versa. It's nothing new and not a knock on any of those coaches, including Belichick.
    :word

Where would Ozzie be without Ray Lewis?

What's funny to me is that Ozzie is very close to Belechick and tells everyone that he learned to be a NFL executive working under Bill. Why do fans have so much animosity when it's clear that Ozzie doesn't

Blog Entries

I am not taking anything from him as a coach but since he is so great I would like to see him or at least try to have success without Brady. I'm just saying I am not ready to crown him until then. I beg to differ, I think Ozzie has done it just as much if not more with all the Undrafted FA moves, bringing in guys that most teams wouldn't touch and making soup outta stones.

Blog Entries

Little risk, high reward and usually fill a need on the team in some manner.
    It's more like throwing 5 darts and seeing if one sticks. But, that's why the Patriots keep accumulating so many draft picks. It gives them plenty of flexibility to take these chances. I don't think it will amount to anything but it certainly doesn't hurt them.

Blog Entries

You know, I can't really argue a lot of the points being made in here because I feel the same way in many of those regards.

I don't think that you have to hate any team to be a real fan of another...that shit is high school level maturity IMO. However, I will say that the Pats are my least favorite team and their fans are total shitbags for the most part.

I do think they get away with playing in a division with shitty teams that are constantly bottom feeders and if the Pats played in the AFC North or AFC West they wouldn't be nearly as successful though I do think they'd still be legitimate contenders.

I also cannot begin to try to defend the Chad Johnson and Haynesworth acquisition except for the fact that Belichick loves trying to get one last hoorah out of older vets.

I think the biggest reason why I had a "are you serious?!" Reaction last night is because Jerrell Worthy was borderline 1st round talent if it weren't for injuries and Ben Bass was a fairly decent rotational player for the Cowboys last year...and they traded him for a guy who was not only going to NOT make the Patriot's team, but he very well may not make the Cowboys either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I get lost in the logic that purports how overated Brady is on one hand but then how Belichek is only successful because of Brady on the other?

Belichek wrent 11-5 with Matt Cassel, who was confused with Brady, Manning, and Brees never.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's funny to me is that Ozzie is very close to Belechick and tells everyone that he learned to be a NFL executive working under Bill. Why do fans have so much animosity when it's clear that Ozzie doesn't
    Who knows. I am sure Spy-gate has something to do with it. And perhaps the years before Harbs when the Pats routinely beat us up? Or that Brady is a diva QB? Their fans are total dirtbags? A combo of all four?

I do know, as this thread has shown, the haters seem more interested in attacking the person for having that viewpoint than debating the viewpoint. Which should tell you they don't have a valid reason for their hatred.

Evaluating Belichick in an objective nature is a hanging offense on these boards for some.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    HEY TONY - WELCOME TO THE PATRIOTS BOARD. THEY LOVE US.

BTW DUDE - SINCE YOU'RE SAYING THAT ABOUT US, HOW ABOUT THIS. THAT WAS A DUMB WAY TO GO OUT - EATING YOURSELF TO DEATH. NO ONE COULD SURVIVE THAT MEAL. :grbac:

AND BTW, YOU WEREN'T SO TOUGH. MICHAEL CORLEONE WOULD HAVE WALKED ALL OVER YOU ON A WAY TO A MASSACRE.
    That really was a shitty way to die.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I am not in that some category i give respect where its due and a few times i have said Bill is a damn good coach but in the same breath i hold back some of it because of the points Solo made above and then you throw in spygate? That doesn't sit well many either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I am not in that some category i give respect where its due and a few times i have said Bill is a damn good coach but in the same breath i hold back some of it because of the points Solo made above and then you throw in spygate? That doesn't sit well many either.
    What he does was wrong. Nobody questions that. But he was simply the one that got caught.

IMO, it's naive to assume Belichick was the only NFL coach taping signals.