1. BSL: An Introduction to the Kubiak Offense

BSL: An Introduction to the Kubiak Offense
    http://baltimoresportsandlife.com/ba...ubiak-offense/

Re: BSL: An Introduction to the Kubiak Offense

Good read.

Really loved how Flacco threw to the ourside shoulder of Juice on that play action. He read the play very well
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The thing that impressed me most is how smooth the offense looked on that drive. Like they had been doing it for years. It seems to me that part of the effectiveness of Kubiak's system is that it is not overly complicated from an individual assignment perspective. Either that, or he is one helluva teaching coach.

One thing I noticed already in this offense is that Joe has become much better at selling the play fakes.

One thing I love is that this scheme will present Joe an open option almost every play b/c of good play design. The Cam offense (or Caldwell tweaked version) forced the receivers to get open almost completely on their own. Since our run offense sucked last year, it was always 3rd and 8+. There isn't a single NFL receiver that can get open regularly on their own during 3rd and long against safety help except for the jumpball guys. We didn't have a Megatron on our team. Now its gonna be on Joe to make good reads instead of fighting a futile battle like last year. Against SF, he looked like a seasoned vet.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Really loved how Flacco threw to the ourside shoulder of Juice on that play action. He read the play very well
    Kurt Warner was complimentary of Joe on that very play because of what you alluded to. Joe has become one of the best at throwing to a receiver's back shoulder.

I definitelty saw Wagner and Yanda move out together on a combo block of the right DE on one play in the first series of downs. Now I know better what I was looking at. A thing of beauty...