Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

First Week Pre Season Games - Perceptions?

Now that the first week is over, what are everyone's thoughts on the rest of the league?

Right now, I think the Texans are still the bottom feeder until they get a QB. Fitzpatrick was terrible. I don't care how good their D could be...I don't think they can score enough.

I could also see the Eagles taking a major step back.

The Cardinals looked like they have some really nice depth.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: First Week Pre Season Games - Perceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Now that the first week is over, what are everyone's thoughts on the rest of the league?

Right now, I think the Texans are still the bottom feeder until they get a QB. Fitzpatrick was terrible. I don't care how good their D could be...I don't think they can score enough.

I could also see the Eagles taking a major step back.

The Cardinals looked like they have some really nice depth.
    Eagles offense is not going to be as prolific without DJAX. Riley Cooper will not have the same year in that offense.

Johnny Manziel looked like Cleveland's version of Tyrod Taylor. One read, then take off running. Some throws with zip, some throws way of the mark.

First Week Pre Season Games - Perceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Johnny Manziel looked like Cleveland's version of Tyrod Taylor. One read, then take off running. Some throws with zip, some throws way of the mark.
    And not seeing the wide open receivers prior to running.

That's got to frustrating to see if you're his coach.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-10-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

I didn't see this personally but I hear Yinzer (Uri)Nation are not amused with their run defense vs the Giants last night.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I didn't see this personally but I hear Yinzer (Uri)Nation are not amused with their run defense vs the Giants last night.
    No, they got gashed. The Giants weren't even running their starting OL.

Blog Entries

One thing I have noticed is that they are not going to let DB's touch a receiver without a flag. Credit a defensive team winning the superbowl; the league hates that. Much more emphasis on hand fouls, sadly.

Edit: I googled it and this is the first thing I saw: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nsive-holding/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Liking what I'm hearing about Brandon Cooks as I really liked him for the Ravens prior to the Steve Smith signing.

Quietly jealous of the Bengals depth as a whole.

Manziel seems to be like others say, a more confident Tyrod.

Hearing the Steeler fans rumblings about the D, but they are loving Dri Archer (just not in the AFC north).

Hearing Marquis Lee is having "motivation" isses. Bortles looks promising though.

Colts getting buyers remorse from other team's castoffs with Nicks weight and conditioning (we knew this already).

Logan Thomas (a player I liked with theright coach and scheme) seems to be taking the coaching from Arians well. That kid has all the tools I feel.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 08-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Watched Detroit/Clowns
    My impression was that Pettine wanted to win this game, and that the D showed a bunch of their playbook/blitz intentions .... so hard to say how formidable Clowns D is, and Detroit O wasn't clicking enough to counter it, they did run a lot against it.

West looked ok, but doesn't look like he will beat out Ben Tate .... I liked what I saw of Taliaferro here better than what I saw from West there, he is good but I don't see specialness at the NFL level.... will surprise me if he has a "Bobby Rainey" game in him.

Orlovsky played and probably has the veteran back-up QB spot, but I liked what I saw of Boise State's Kellen Moore,
    Detroit's #2 pick Kyle Van Noy needs a lot of experience/video room The BYU DE/LB and trouble covering the flat and flat out missed tackling Johnny Football

Speaking of Johnny Football, I hope he starts! I like Hoyer better.... Manziel I think of something I heard said of Ernie Graham (Terps Basketball) years ago, he can keep both teams in the game at the same time.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Thought that Blake Bortles looked pretty good. Its preseason but he impressed me.

Texans offense is terrible.

The Ravens offense is going to be far less predictable and will utilize its personnel far more effectively than in recent memory.

Johnny Football not impressive, Bridgewater was so-so
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Bortles did play well.

I just really am not sold on him yet and his throwing motion is weird. Rivers has a weird throwing motion as well...guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bortles did play well.

I just really am not sold on him yet and his throwing motion is weird. Rivers has a weird throwing motion as well...guess time will tell.
    Good comp there to Rivers...like you said time will tell but he did get off to a good start.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis