Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Beer Price Increase

1. They don't want too many drunks in the stadium, I have seen way to many rowdy fans around families. Raising prices will hopefully discourage over drinking.

2. If it were about money, food and other things would have went up as well.

3. Just get wasted tailgating, and bring in a flask, and get free soda/water during the game by signing up for DD at multiple locations.

What's another $9, after already investing a few hundred? I usually drink a beer or two at the early games, switch to hard stuff later in the season. I agree that it is foolish, economically, but I rarely have attended O's or Ravens games without drinking a little inside the stadium. The high prices, coupled with the dirty looks from Mrs T, prevent me from drinking excessively.

The only time that I got really hammered at a Ravens game was the Minnesota night game at the end of the 2001 season (postponed from the opener due to 9/11). All tailgate party drinking. Admin Steve bought me a 5th of true Greek Ouzo, which really goes down too easily.

The cost of the beer inside the stadium that night was irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    You haven't tailgated with us.
    Yes I have! Off & on since 1999. Perhaps I am a little bit biased, but IMHO the best tailgate party outside the stadium.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Might need to check the pour size...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=94-FTyjjwBA

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Personal preference.

I agree that tailgating and being there is a very unique and invigorating experience.

I'm looking at it from an economics perspective.

For the cost of one year's season tickets I can buy a bad ass TV/entertainment set up, a nice grill, good food, and good beer.

I can see the game from great angles.

I don't have to worry about drunk assholes.

I don't have to pay for parking.

And that entertainment set up and grill will last me for much longer than one season.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love going to games. They're a lot of fun. But there is certainly an argument to be made for the cost and what you can do with that cost from home.
    I agree. I had a hoot for about 10 years. Now, I'd have more fun going to the nearby watering hole. Way less assholes, save about $300 bucks (not including tix), don't have to worry about driving, and win a few raffles or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Yes I have! Off & on since 1999. Perhaps I am a little bit biased, but IMHO the best tailgate party outside the stadium.
    Of course YOU have, Mista T! I was talking to wicked.