Re: CAMP NOTES: July 24, 2014, "JUICE IS ON THE LOOSE"

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Last one I can really think of was when Troy Smith got tonsillitis
    And if that wouldn't have happened.....
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Everytime I hear or see all the things Juice can and will do well on the field, the more it annoys me that our last offensive coaches were so rigid, un-creative with such problems thinking outside of the box.

It was obvious to everybody except our highly paid offensive coaches that Juice is and should be utilized as an HBack. All of us fans said it when he was drafted and knew it then.
    :word :word. :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I posted a thread when this guy became a Raven. OK nothing last year but hoping he gets some chances now. He's obviously very intelligent and he's got good hands and can be a mauler when he needs to be. Kid has a lot of potential

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You took the thoughts right out of head with this.

Seems to me this has gone on for years regarding rookies not getting real opportunity to perform when the lights of the regular season are turned on.

Every dude that is on that 53 man roster has some type of talent or ability to perform in some capacity or they wouldn't be there.
    Even if it's just one thing that can be done by that guy that landed him a roster spot he should be used in that capacity at least occasionally if it will contribute to a win.

Gonna be real interesting to see how this shakes out with offensive roster spots.
    Well, my issue is not about them playing rookies...I don't the the Ravens are unique or in the wrong in their approach. Heck, the team initially cut Leach last year to give juice a shot at the FB job and he wasn't up to the task.

My issue has more to do with how he'd be utilized. If Camwell was still here, he'd still be insisting that Juice is just a fullback, and he'd only be used as an I formation, blocking battering ram...in no way the best utilization of his skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thanks Tony. Great report. Urban could be the next Art JOnes.

My biggest concern is Wagner and it looks like he did well holding up vs two stars. We had our pal from Green Bay in here who said he'll be good. He followed him at Wisconsin.
    Can't take the credit for anything other than the post. The notes were all from Dev. He has a very keen eye!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

I've been without an active player jersey for a whole season now. My Trusty Ray Lewis jersey ( a '99 Christmas present) hangs in the closet with pride, but now it's time to celebrate the new Ravens, the new identity of the team, and I'm planning on picking up a jersey before the season starts. Right now my thoughts are Juszczyk, Elam, or Mosley. My girlfriend (who's all of 105 pounds) wants a Brandon Williams jersey. Have there been any updates on his performance so far in camp?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    My girlfriend (who's all of 105 pounds) wants a Brandon Williams jersey. Have there been any updates on his performance so far in camp?
    Well, it's only been one day, without full pads...

But the word is he's the odds on favorite to win Jones' spot on the DL. Unless he takes a step back, he's in for a major role.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That kid is monster. I can't wait to see what he does with a year under his belt.

And this is why im soo freaking pumped. Offense coaches that can use the players, the skills and call plays in todays nfl. I like the roster we do have. But i love the coaches we brought in to use this roster.

I so in love with Bobby Engram. Finally our wr's will grow right.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Last one I can really think of was when Troy Smith got tonsillitis
    What about when Lee Evans injured his foot in 2011?