Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A New Face for NFL Stadiums

If this doesn't conform to the in-season rules, I'm sure the mods will move it. But I think this is significant. Check out Atlanta's new stadium.

US stadiums in general have not done much ground-breaking design work, particularly NFL stadiums. The biggest revolution in design has been in MLB when it went retro.

The only thing unique about Jerry-World is its size. This is really different. This video shows the roof opening and closing.

I think I've got my 2018 road trip figured out.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: A New Face for NFL Stadiums

Pretty ugly, IMO

The new stadia in Northern CA and Minneapolis look much better than this thing.

I hate stadia that have covering over the seats and leave the field open. It creates a nightmare lighting situation for television. Add to it the glass windows in that thing and it's going to be a real challenge for the viewing audience.

Blog Entries

That's terrible. It's not going to age well either

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pretty ugly, IMO

The new stadia in Northern CA and Minneapolis look much better than this thing.
    The new NoCal stadium design is incredibly boring IMO. I would have expected much more from that part of the country. Aside from the ginormous "Wall of Suites" (which I hate) it looks very cookie-cutter.

The Vikings Stadium is interesting, but that's the one that made me think of the thing alien bird pointed out. All that glass is going to create some very odd glares and lighting. It will be interesting to see how that one pans out.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

WOW ! Hmmm, I wonder if it will make Falcon fans forget a 4 - 12 season (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I hate stadia that have covering over the seats and leave the field open. It creates a nightmare lighting situation for television. Add to it the glass windows in that thing and it's going to be a real challenge for the viewing audience.
    Yeah, not a big fan of the doughnut hole stadiums. The retractable roof design is pretty cool though. Don't think I've seen anything like that. Some good engineering there.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

It looks like a glorified top.

Looks like a greenhouse. Wonder what that will do to the cooling bill.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Looks like the unwholly spawn of a 1950s-era HoJo mated with the Louvre glass pyramid, midwifed by Robert A. Heinlein's Crooked House. Pass. Lanna is welcome to that monstrosity.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Looks like one of those fortune telling things little girls make.

It looks like a beautiful facility. I'll have to visit.

Nonetheless: there was nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome. Atlantans are nuts! Abandoning two relatively new and fully adequate facilities (Turner Field and Georgia Dome), they are going into the third set of NFL + MLB facilities in two decades.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).