Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Vince McMahon just keeps twisting the knife doesn't he?

What's this I hear about Sting getting a contract with the WWE?!!! Now THAT is who SHOULD HAVE been the one to defeat Undertaker at WrestleMania. It's the matchup that fans have wanted to see for what, 20 years? Instead, they let Brock Lesnar do it, so I guess he'll be in obscurity soon. I don't know, I haven't watched in years. What's he up to?

Only a legend among legends deserved to take down Taker and Black and White Sting returning by coming to the WWE to do it would have been perfect. Now, even if Taker comes back again and Sting beats him, it won't be nearly as majestic.

smh......smgdh.....................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Vince McMahon just keeps twisting the knife doesn't he?

Are you high? Why is this in the football forum?

Or why was this moved?

Since this sites existence, OT stuff has been allowed in the main forum during the off season.

Blog Entries

Sting was just signed for the video game. He's not even wrestling. He's the one who said he wants to wrestle Undertaker next Wrestlemania but no one know if Undertaker is even interested in coming back. Sting has to be in his late 50s at this point. Taker is probably in his early 50s. Would a real old man match draw? There is a reason why they put the old guys with younger guys. Someone has to carry the match

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sting was just signed for the video game. He's not even wrestling. He's the one who said he wants to wrestle Undertaker next Wrestlemania but no one know if Undertaker is even interested in coming back. Sting has to be in his late 50s at this point. Taker is probably in his early 50s. Would a real old man match draw? There is a reason why they put the old guys with younger guys. Someone has to carry the match
    This match should have happened years ago when everyone wanted it. If Vince hadn't shat on the WCW talent the way he did, Sting wouldn't have been hesitant to sign when they first wanted him after the buyout.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If Vince's offer was good enough for Ric Flair it was good enough for Sting. I think Sting just didn't want to join the WWE or wanted something well beyond what others were getting. Vince definitely wanted him and tried to get him multiple times over the years. The only big WCW guy I know he didn't was was Scott Steiner and I can't blame him for that.

I agree two old wrestlers going against each other in a big match doesn't move the meter too high. Look at Wrestlemania 24 when Shawn Michaels faced Ric Flair and ended Flair's career, this would have been a much better match if it were 1995 or 1996 when Michaels was at the top of his game. Sting vs. The Undertaker would have been great about 15 years ago but I can't remember the last time I saw Sting wrestle.

If Vince's offer was good enough for Ric Flair it was good enough for Sting. I think Sting just didn't want to join the WWE or wanted something well beyond what others were getting. Vince definitely wanted him and tried to get him multiple times over the years. The only big WCW guy I know he didn't was was Scott Steiner and I can't blame him for that.
    I agree that this was more about Sting not wanting to join the WWE as opposed to Vince not pursuing him, I don't know how things were for Vince and Sting on a personal level but
    clearly Vince thought Sting was good for business (oh crap I sound like one of his puppets LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This match should have happened years ago when everyone wanted it. If Vince hadn't shat on the WCW talent the way he did, Sting wouldn't have been hesitant to sign when they first wanted him after the buyout.
    I've never bought this about Sting. Ever. He's said repeatedly that he was turned off when The Rock was in the ring with Booker and said "who are you," claiming that was shitting on Booker, but that was one of The Rock's stock phrases. Hell he pulled it memorably on Jericho when Y2J debuted and it made Jericho a HUGE deal. LSS, I basically think Sting wanted to get paid to do nothing while his contract ran out, but doesn't want to admit as much.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I agree two old wrestlers going against each other in a big match doesn't move the meter too high. Look at Wrestlemania 24 when Shawn Michaels faced Ric Flair and ended Flair's career, this would have been a much better match if it were 1995 or 1996 when Michaels was at the top of his game. Sting vs. The Undertaker would have been great about 15 years ago but I can't remember the last time I saw Sting wrestle.

Sting has been brutal in TNA for like 2 years now. A Sting-Taker match would be the worst big WWE match in a long time. The boat sailed on that match some time around Wrestlemania 22-24.

Blog Entries

Are you kidding about Sting being the one who should have beaten Taker?! There is absolutely no chance in hell that Vince would have ever put one of WCW's biggest stars over one of his own in such a historically important moment as breaking the streak, nor should it have ever even been a consideration.

I don't agree with how the streak was broken, not at all, it should have been Shawn or Hunter (who of course along with Taker, Steve Austin, and The Rock were the faces of WWE's Attitude Era) who did it if it was to be done, and signaled the true "end of an era" with both those guys + Taker on the way out/becoming more "special attraction" type guys, but, that isn't what happened, so all I can say is at least it was a WWE grown talent and someone credible enough who did it.

Would love to Sting in WWE at some point for historical reasons but I have no interest in seeing him wrestle now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Sting has been brutal in TNA for like 2 years now. A Sting-Taker match would be the worst big WWE match in a long time. The boat sailed on that match some time around Wrestlemania 22-24.
    That has not stopped them before. A few years back at WrestleMania, the WWE bumped Bryan/Sheamus to the pre-show and took time off the Miz-Cena main event so they could bring the world Michael Cole-Jerry Lawler match.

Compared to that pairing, Sting-Taker at 70 years old would be a highlight.