Page 1 of 65 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Official Training Camp Thread

Rookies are reporting today.

I know that throughout OTAs Darian Stewart seemed to be the most comfortable at FS. However, I'm really hoping that Terrence Brooks comes ready to roll because I think his athleticism and coverage ability really lends itself much better to playing FS. I kind of always saw Stewart as a STs/SS type of player.

Maybe we will all be surprised?

Unfortunately, I think the days of "Omar coming!" are over. Crowded safety unit and I think the Ravens will be more inclined to keep 6 corners than 5 safeties. I think Franks and Ross will prove to be better players than Trawick, Levine, and Brown.

Stewart, Elam, Brooks, and Miles will probably be our top 4 guys.

CAMP NOTES: LINK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TL24x7; 07-21-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Official Training Camp Thread

Any other battles folks are excited to see?

One I'm really interested in is John Simon vs Upshaw for that #3 linebacker spot.

I'm also excited to see Brandon Williams, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Jernigan, and Tyson duke it out.

We could have a very, very deep defense.

No injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No injuries!
    :word

I'm just happy football is here

Blog Entries

I want to see what the offense line looks like. Will they be using different personnel groups to determine if KO will be a LG or RT? I'm sure there's a plan but they really do have some options to think about.

Here's the position battles that I see (ranked from most to least important):

Starting FS - I see Stewart winning the job because it seems like Brooks hasn't grasped the playbook yet. If Brooks can pick up the playbook, then I can see him getting a chance later in the season.

#3 CB - I see this going to Ross or Franks. The only way it would go to Asa or Brown is if one of them play completely lights out in the pre-season.

Starting DE to replace Jones and start opposite of Canty - I think it's Tyson's job to lose, but I see Jernigan and KLM rotating in frequently.

Starting RT - I think this is Wagner's job to lose. But I'm keeping an eye on Jensen. They seem to really like the kid and seem to want to give him every opportunity to start. At worst, I think Jensen is the first backup OL for every position except LT (which I think will be UDFA Hurst).

Starting ILB next to Daryl Smith - This will probably be the toughest battle out of them all. Brown seems to finally be healthy and understands the defensive schemes. But Mosley was working with the first team D in OTAs and already seems to know the defense. I'm going to enjoy watching this battle.

#2 QB - Personally, I'd like to see Wenning step up and take it since Tyrod has always been a bad fit for this offense and has shown me nothing in his limited playing time.

#5 & #6 WR - Considering that they gave up a 2015 draft pick and his ability to return punts/KR, Campanaro is a lock. That leaves one spot for Thompson and LQW. And considering Thompson's off the field issue this off-season, I'm thinking it will go to LQW. Regardless, I think #5 & #6 WR will get very little playing time this season given Kubiac's offense.

OLB opposite of Suggs - I believe this will continue to be a situational rotation based on package/down and distance - Dumerville for pass and Upshaw for run. But as wicked pointed out, the question will be if Simon can beat out Upshaw.

#3 RB - This will be an important decision since we know Rice will be suspended to start the season. The Ravens love their draft picks and considering they took Taliaferro in the 4th round, I expect him to win the job. But I think with the way Forsett knows this offense and his performance in OTAs, it's going to be tough for Harbs to decide between these two when Rice returns. I'm betting that Taliferro comes up with a mystery injury so they can stash him on IR for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'm just happy football is here

:word :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I want to see what the offense line looks like. Will they be using different personnel groups to determine if KO will be a LG or RT? I'm sure there's a plan but they really do have some options to think about.
    I can all but guarantee that unless something unexpected happens, KO will stay at LG and Ricky Wagner will be the top RT.

Though, I'd imagine Jensen and Hurst will be nipping at their heels.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No injuries!
    This times infinity.

Injuries really hit us hard last season.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Rookies are reporting today.

I know that throughout OTAs Darian Stewart seemed to be the most comfortable at FS. However, I'm really hoping that Terrence Brooks comes ready to roll because I think his athleticism and coverage ability really lends itself much better to playing FS. I kind of always saw Stewart as a STs/SS type of player.

Maybe we will all be surprised?

Unfortunately, I think the days of "Omar coming!" are over. Crowded safety unit and I think the Ravens will be more inclined to keep 6 corners than 5 safeties. I think Franks and Ross will prove to be better players than Trawick, Levine, and Brown.

Stewart, Elam, Brooks, and Miles will probably be our top 4 guys.

I agree on Omar Brown. I had always though many overrated him. A lot of people looked at the number of turnovers and ignored all of the time he was out of position. I always thought he had potential, though.

I still see us sticking with 5 S's though. Trawick and Levine are too good on ST to carry a 6th CB that would likely be a weekly inactive. The only way I see us going with 6 CBs is if Olatoye or Seamster make it impossible to cut them. I think Ross and Franks are battling for 1 spot, with that likely to go to Ross due to experience.

Blog Entries

I'm looking at the RT situation. I believe Wagner will win it, but will the Ravens sign a veteran just in case?
    Is Jensen really a viable candidate or were the Ravens just blowing smoke? Hurst wasn't drafted...was it because of injury or something else? Will we fans regret letting Oher go? These, and many other questions will be answered "As the Ravens World Turns" ... Bc