Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617
    Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy Smith Arrested, Charged with Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct

You ask me to leave my mother/wife/sister/friend in a bathroom like that without me, you're cuffing me, because I ain't doing it, right or wrong. Like I said, I'll move aside, to a corner of the bathroom, but I'm not getting out, because while I'm glad that someone is there to help her, people's lack of trust in law enforcement is for a reason. Unfortunately, there are some good reasons.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You ask me to leave my mother/wife/sister/friend in a bathroom like that without me, you're cuffing me, because I ain't doing it, right or wrong. Like I said, I'll move aside, to a corner of the bathroom, but I'm not getting out, because while I'm glad that someone is there to help her, people's lack of trust in law enforcement is for a reason. Unfortunately, there are some good reasons.
    It's not a negotiation. If it was, then they would have the option of just turning around and leaving the care of your mother/wife/sister/friend to you and you alone. Would you be good with that? If your mother/wife/sister/friend needs surgery...you can't demand to be at the operating table either.

BTW...who was this woman to Smith? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You ask me to leave my mother/wife/sister/friend in a bathroom like that without me, you're cuffing me, because I ain't doing it, right or wrong.
    And this is exactly what happened, and what good did it do? Jimmy was gonna leave that restroom one way or another. Now if he just walked out under his own steam, everybody could focus on the issue of the sick girl. But because he decided to play the big man and make them take him out by force, now a couple cops who could have been doing something (calling in information on the girl's condition, telling the bar manager to move people away from the door so a stretcher could get in, or any one of the many useful things we might imagine) those guys are instead cuffing and removing a guy and wasting everyone's time and energy.

So the question is, Ex, what good is it doing? You acknowledge you're going to be leaving the bathroom either way. What good is it doing you or your mother/wife/sister/friend to leave in handcuffs? Wouldn't you rather at least be free to follow her to the hospital instead of hanging out down at Central Booking??
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    It's not a negotiation. If it was, then they would have the option of just turning around and leaving the care of your mother/wife/sister/friend to you and you alone. Would you be good with that? If your mother/wife/sister/friend needs surgery...you can't demand to be at the operating table either.

BTW...who was this woman to Smith? Does anyone know?
    Obviously just a friend or acquaintance. He told cops they did
    photo shoot together earlier that day so who knows.

I'm wondering if Deonte Thompson supplied the drugs.
    Only kidding.

At the very least Ravens are associating with people with drugs and getting dragged
    into the headlines. Thompson's case was dismissed for lack of evidence.

They found white substance in her purse and sent it to the lab.
    With the way Jimmy was acting, well who knows if ............
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-16-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I agree we don't know the full story. There is the possibility that Jimmy Smith was just standing there minding his own business, a cop recognized him and decided to get his name in the paper by arresting him for no reason. I suppose Jimmy will eventually tell us if that's the case.

But assuming that scenario is not what happened, I think it's pretty safe to say that at the bare minimum 1) Jimmy was asked to leave the ladies restroom by uniformed police, 2) Jimmy declined to leave of his own volition, and 3) Jimmy was removed by the police in handcuffs.

If those simple facts are true, Jimmy was in the wrong. Period, full-stop. Whether the cop said "pretty please with sugar on top" or "get out of the way n*****", he still was given an order by a cop.

The reason you obey an order given by a cop is that it is their JOB to take control of a situation. You may not know all the things they are trying to do and their reasons in an emergency situation, but there is not time for debate and discussion. Somebody has to be in charge, and it is always the guy with the badge. That's what we, as a society, have hired police for: to take control in an emergency situation. Maybe Jimmy's a great guy who's trying to help, but the cops have no way of knowing that. For all they know, he could have roofied the girl and be the reason she's throwing up in the first place. He could interfere with the EMTs, intentionally or not.

Cop gives you an order, you follow it. If he calls you a name, you deal with that after the fact.
    I guess what I would add is that Jimmy being in the wrong here doesn't necessarily have to be a big deal. If he did know the woman and was concerned for it, it's totally possible that emotion overrode reason and led him to "do something stupid." Which is to go back to my point that it's possible that neither side is really in the wrong here; the cop arresting him was fine under the circumstances, but Jimmy's state of mind and actions were understandable, and not really "bad" in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    If he did know the woman and was concerned for it, .....
    He should have shown concern for the woman who was having his baby, and been with her during this time!! There is no excuse for what happened, and the police were certainly doing their job!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    He should have shown concern for the woman who was having his baby, and been with her during this time!! There is no excuse for what happened, and the police were certainly doing their job!
    I posted something similar in the baby announcement thread. As a father of 3 I find very strange that Jimmy was out anywhere with a baby so close to being on it's way.
    Last edited by GOTA; 07-17-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I posted something similar in the baby announcement thread. As a father of 3 I find very strange that Tory was out anywhere with a baby so close to being on it's way.
    Agreed. That concerns me more than the arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I posted something similar in the baby announcement thread. As a father of 3 I find very strange that Tory was out anywhere with a baby so close to being on it's way.
    Maybe the baby was early and she is just his baby mama.

I'm also assuming you meant Jimmy. I don't think Torrey was out at the bars right before his son was born.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Maybe the baby was early and she is just his baby mama.

I'm also assuming you meant Jimmy. I don't think Torrey was out at the bars right before his son was born.
    I did mean Jimmy and fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.