Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

The blindness....of the HoustonRaven.....is evident....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see it Wicked.

Same offense, yes. Much different weapons.

And Kubiak's teams were pretty prolific on offense. It's not just minus AJ. It's also minus Foster, Tate and a younger Owen Daniels.

Given the weapons we have, if Joe is throwing close to 4000 yards with 560+ attempts, chances are it's because he's throwing in garbage time, not because we are being effective.

I think NCRAVEN had the perfect numbers.
    Precisely. Schaub put up those numbers even with a heavy ground attack in Foster. Not sure why you're guessing Joe won't do the same. Considering its WCO but relies heavily on play action. Which is of course a staple of the Ravens offense for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Precisely. Schaub put up those numbers even with a heavy ground attack in Foster. Not sure why you're guessing Joe won't do the same. Considering its WCO but relies heavily on play action. Which is of course a staple of the Ravens offense for the past decade.
    Because Foster set thing up for Schaub hitting AJ deep. As our roster stands now, we don't have a Foster type back and we certainly don't have a deep threat / YAC guy in AJ.

And I don't know where you're getting that WCO / play action has been staple of the Ravens offense for the past decade. Joe has been in an Coryell style offense since he got here.

FTR, I think Joe is going to have a great year and the team will make the playoffs.

Given the composition of the team though, they won't achieve it by airing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Plus, the Ravens haven't had a legitimate slot receiver in a while nor have they had legitimate dual TE potential since...well...ever?

The nature of Kubiak's offense is going to increase everyone's efficiency. I wouldn't be surprised to see Flacco's completion percentage go over 60% this year either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uhhh... Shannon Sharp and Todd Heap were a pretty good combo threat back in '01.and I agree with you on the increase in Joe's numbers and the system.

FTR, I think Joe is going to have a great year and the team will make the playoffs.

Given the composition of the team though, they won't achieve it by airing it out.
    As was pointed out, it only takes an average of 250 yds a game to reach 4,000 yards. You think he is going to have more 200- yard games than he will have 300+ yard games with Torrey, Steve, Marlon, Owen Daniels, Pitta, Pierce and Rice out of the backfield? I sure don't.

I see 4,000+ 28-35td's and probably less that 12 int's personally.

Blog Entries

HKusp - fair enough on Sharpe and Heap.

That was quite some time ago.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't think Flacco has to post fantasy stats in order for the Ravens to be successful. Harbaugh wants to play good defense and use a ball control offense. Flacco IMO will post numbers pretty much along his career trajectory, like NC Raven posted.

Blog Entries

The Sword, is observing the learning process of those amongst him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't think Flacco has to post fantasy stats in order for the Ravens to be successful. Harbaugh wants to play good defense and use a ball control offense. Flacco IMO will post numbers pretty much along his career trajectory, like NC Raven posted.
    :word

Blog Entries

Because Foster set thing up for Schaub hitting AJ deep. As our roster stands now, we don't have a Foster type back and we certainly don't have a deep threat / YAC guy in AJ.

And I don't know where you're getting that WCO / play action has been staple of the Ravens offense for the past decade. Joe has been in an Coryell style offense since he got here.
    Didn't say WCO. I said play action being a staple.

Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Didn't say WCO. I said play action being a staple.
    Ok, I just read it again. My bad.

Blog Entries

Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't think anyone believes Flacco is going to throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs. I know that isn't what you're insinuating either, but 4,000 yards isn't crazy talk in today's NFL.

I just don't think that 4,000 yards is such an outlandish concept. The guy was less than 90 yards from hitting that number last year and that was with a complete shit show of an offense.

I don't think throwing 4,000 yards means the Ravens are in trouble, playing from behind, or can't run the ball. I think it just simply means the offense is better, the game plans are better, and the players are better.

Can anyone really argue that - right now - the offense is not better than it was last year?

Now if someone like Torrey or Monroe or Pitta get hurt, then yea, that is going to have a major impact on how things go. Right now though, I see no reason to not be fairly optimistic.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.