Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

I wonder, does anyone know if Kubiak scripts his first 15 plays? I know the 49ers always did as Bill Walsh was pretty much the architect of the WCO and a few teams that ran it after did, just wondering if it is done today much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I wonder, does anyone know if Kubiak scripts his first 15 plays? I know the 49ers always did as Bill Walsh was pretty much the architect of the WCO and a few teams that ran it after did, just wondering if it is done today much.
    Most do script the first couple of series.

It gives the OC a clear understanding of what the defense has prepared for the game, coverages, alignments, and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

4000+ yards, 26 TD's, 11 picks. Bet your house on it.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Right. As I stated later in the thread, Schaub had a deep threat with Johnson who not only could catch the deep pass but was / is a tremendous YAC guy.

Flacco last season had a ton of attempts due to us playing from behind a bunch, thus a yardage increase. Those yards last season were not efficient in the least and not what is call a good stat.

I agree. I just don't agree it will equal a ton of yardage for Joe.

Play action, a running game as you suggested and a ton if TE involvement will be the focus.
    I just don't think we can honestly say if Torrey is or isn't a YAC guy because half of the time he was running 35 yards down the field on routes.

Logically, using my potential numbers (4100 yards, 565 attempts) and Joe met his avg completion of around 59% (340 completions) that would mean they would have to average 12 yards per catch. With a legitimate slot receiver and two healthy, pass catching TEs, and a better rushing attack, I definitely think that is doable.

Last years abysmal offense averaged 10.8 yards per completion. Is it really unreasonable to think that this years offense (which surely seems better right now) can't bump that up by 2 yards?

I definitely don't see why Joe can't break the 4,000 yard mark this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just don't think we can honestly say if Torrey is or isn't a YAC guy because half of the time he was running 35 yards down the field on routes.

Logically, using my potential numbers (4100 yards, 565 attempts) and Joe met his avg completion of around 59% (340 completions) that would mean they would have to average 12 yards per catch. With a legitimate slot receiver and two healthy, pass catching TEs, and a better rushing attack, I definitely think that is doable.

Last years abysmal offense averaged 10.8 yards per completion. Is it really unreasonable to think that this years offense (which surely seems better right now) can't bump that up by 2 yards?

As you point out, it's all contingent in attempts. 565 attempts would mark his second highest output of his career.

I don't see it, given Kubiak's style. Kubiak above all else will mold the offense around the strength of his players. We don't have the players built for that output. We can certainly say Torrey isn't a YAC guy. He hasn't been since he joined the team so he's not going to magically learn to be elusive after the catch under Kubiak.

I really believe the TE's are going to be the shining stars this season, not the WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    4000+ yards, 26 TD's, 11 picks. Bet your house on it.
    I think this is plenty reasonable with +2 on the TD's.

Joe would only need to average 250/game to hit 4K and that's not at all unreasonable should the line be as improved as it looks to be on paper and with an OC who'll design the Offense to his strength.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

As you point out, it's all contingent in attempts. 565 attempts would mark his second highest output of his career.

I don't see it, given Kubiak's style. Kubiak above all else will mold the offense around the strength of his players. We don't have the players built for that output. We can certainly say Torrey isn't a YAC guy. He hasn't been since he joined the team so he's not going to magically learn to be elusive after the catch under Kubiak.

I really believe the TE's are going to be the shining stars this season, not the WR's.
    565 attempts would be about the avg number of attempts from Schaub's top three full seasons under Kubiak.

Where will Flacco end the 2014 Regular season stats wise?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    565 attempts would be about the avg number of attempts from Schaub's top three full seasons under Kubiak.

And?

That's an apples / oranges comparison. Different weapons, different QB with different skill set, etc.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-11-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries

And?

That's an apples / oranges comparison. Different weapons, different QB with different skill set, etc.
    Same offense.

And this is all speculation anyway, right?

My point is that it is a reasonable statement to say that Flacco is a better player than Schaub. One could also argue that - even minus Andre Johnson - the Ravens from top to bottom are a better team than what Kubiak had while he was with the Texans.

That is why I don't think 4,000+ yards is out of the question at all. Even if they run the ball better and more than last season, all that is going to do is open up more of the passing game from play action and so forth. Plus, the Ravens haven't had a legitimate slot receiver in a while nor have they had legitimate dual TE potential since...well...ever?

The nature of Kubiak's offense is going to increase everyone's efficiency. I wouldn't be surprised to see Flacco's completion percentage go over 60% this year either.

Blog Entries

4200 yards, 26 TDs and 12 pickles.

I don't see it Wicked.

Same offense, yes. Much different weapons.

And Kubiak's teams were pretty prolific on offense. It's not just minus AJ. It's also minus Foster, Tate and a younger Owen Daniels.

Given the weapons we have, if Joe is throwing close to 4000 yards with 560+ attempts, chances are it's because he's throwing in garbage time, not because we are being effective.

I think NCRAVEN had the perfect numbers.