Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Le'Ron McClain Returns to Baltimore

No. Regretfully. No. Hopes he lands a job somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    McClain's best chance to catch on an NFL roster (much like Ed Reed) is if the injury bug bites during summer camps. And that's always a possibility, but hopefully the Ravens won't be the team that's bitten.
    This. Unless one of our FB's go down with an injury during camp, he won't be here. However, I'm sure Oz has his number on speed dial, just in case.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    McClain's best chance to catch on an NFL roster (much like Ed Reed) is if the injury bug bites during summer camps. And that's always a possibility, but hopefully the Ravens won't be the team that's bitten.
    Given the position he plays that a very slim chance. If you needed a FB right now would you sign McClain or Leach?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Given the position he plays that a very slim chance. If you needed a FB right now would you sign McClain or Leach?
    Depends on what type of FB Kubiak is looking for. McClain may offer a bit more flexibility in this offense? I know Kubiak has some history with Leach so maybe that would influence his choice.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Very slim indeed where the Ravens are concerned. But I'm thinking in terms of the whole league.

I would argue that McClain vs. Leach is not necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison. Leach is your classic blocking fullback, who's had only 35 carries his entire NFL career. McClain has had 354 career carries - 10 times the number of Leach. Although he's been used as a FB, McClain is really more of a FB/RB hybrid. Better runner than Leach, but not as good a blocker.

In any case, I'm assuming McClain would be willing to play for any NFL team. I don't think it's out of the question that one or more teams could have RB injuries in camp, and consider bringing in McClain for depth if nothing else. Of course, it would depend on their particular schemes/needs.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 07-11-2014 at 12:47 PM.