Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Le'Ron McClain Returns to Baltimore

Le'Ron McClain is a free agent and living again in Baltimore. Given the team's uncertainties in the offensive backfield would he be worth giving a look?

“Wherever I go this year and they give me an opportunity I promise you I am gonna change the way they think about me. Promise you.” ~ Le'Ron McClain
    LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Le'Ron McClain Returns to Baltimore

Good article, but misleading thread title! I read it as indicating he had been re-signed. I understand the click-bait mentality but perhaps mirroring the actual article title might lead to less confusion?

I do think it makes some sense, but not before training camp. If Juszczsyk proves to be as good as a pure lead-blocker as he seems to be as an H-back, it won't be necessary, but if not McClain might have a role as a clock-killing FB who sees a few snaps at HB also.

Blog Entries

No reason to have McClain and Juice on the roster. They went with that concept last season and it was a disaster. They don't need more than 1 player who can lead block

Blog Entries

The only reason this makes sense to me is if they don't like KJ as a true FB and plan on using him primarily as a receiver. However, they also still have Shaun Chapas on the roster and he is more of a traditional FB.

I always like him, so I wouldn't be upset if they brought him in for a tryout.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I would Le'Run away from McClain... Bc

Clever thread title, as it served it's intended purpose and is, in fact, accurate. Win-Win ....

As for him coming back to the team? No thanks. His whole Le'Ron for RB thing pissed me off as it seemed to undermine the efforts of Rice at the time.

Not to mention, I don't see how his style helps out a Kubiak offense.

BTW, if you ever want to meet him, go to One Eyed Mikes on the weekends. Chances are you will bump into him there.

Blog Entries

He will be 30 in Dec, that is OLD for a RB, the record breaking run in Texas stadium in long into the past, as is 2008 when he bailed us out with 900+ yards due to injuries...
    means all he would be here for is blocking, and as we saw last year with Vonta (admittedly different system) the position is a luxury, need a true blocker? put in an OL ... the roster spot Le'Ron would take is too valuable for our future development of next man up,
    maybe to have a non-roster reserve in case of mid-season injuries, but even that is a stretch, all his being in camp to only get familiar with the new system is going to do is take reps away from others.
    I'd much rather see us keep an extra OL or ST than someone who is going to be seldom called on ... but if he comes to the games as an retiree, we will cheer him
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

He's a nice guy and all, but I see no value in bringing him in. If we need a traditional FB, Leach is still available, and knows Kubiak's offense. McClain isn't good enough as a "RB" to make an impact in Kubiak's offense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    As for him coming back to the team? No thanks. His whole Le'Ron for RB thing pissed me off as it seemed to undermine the efforts of Rice at the time.
    :word

McClain's best chance to catch on an NFL roster (much like Ed Reed) is if the injury bug bites during summer camps. And that's always a possibility, but hopefully the Ravens won't be the team that's bitten.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    BTW, if you ever want to meet him, go to One Eyed Mikes on the weekends. Chances are you will bump into him there.

Doesn't surprise me. Had him at my house once and asked him if he wanted something to drink. He replied "anything brown" 😉.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Had him at my house once and asked him if he wanted something to drink. He replied "anything brown" ��.
    LOL....Nice!