Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: LeBron back to Cleveland? What former active Ravens would you welcome back?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Aldridge is probably right there with him but thats probably fair. Im not doubting his skill set but if I can have him at 100% for only 75% of the time vs a guy thats 80% as good for 100% of the time id take the 80%. Maybe that is just me, especially considering what they may have to give up for him. A David Lee, Millsap or zach randolph can likely be had for a fraction and all are double double guys that score in the mid teens. If they get Love, hes not going to need to be the scorer that he was. Theyll want him for rebounding, defense, and passing.
    Love's range is beneficial to a LBJ team, similar to how Bosh was. Having a big guy that draws a defensive big guy out of the paint makes LBJ's path to the rim easier, and if the defender doesn't follow love, then he is open for a relatively high percentage attempt at 3 points.

I don't think he is quite the injury risk you suggest, yes I'm sure your 285 stat is correct, but I'd take Love over any other PF in basketball by a WIDE margin, even considering injuries. Aldridge is certainly number 2, but has a MUCH more limited skill set, IMO. Love is a top 5 player in the NBA, and that might be selling him short, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He most definitely did: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers

My only problem, will be pulling for Cleveland as a result of routing for him. Dilemma's...
    Fuck everything about Cleveland...but much respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Between John Football and (old Boston buddy ) Tito Francona and Andrew Wiggins and now LBJ I am only half joking when I predict that ESPN will build a semi permanent Sports Center studio in Cleveland.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect