Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Are you a Ravens AND an Orioles fan?

Absolutely.

The fact of the matter is, my passion for the O's might be somewhat greater for the Ravens (which is still super strong) simply because I've liked the sport of baseball longer.

You see, I grew up with no conscious memories of the Colts but for much of my childhood, there was no pro football team in Baltimore. Now, growing up in Southern Maryland, I could have adopted the LOLskins like so many of my friends did, but I had zero interest in doing so. I had no emotional attachments to Washington, but quite a few to Baltimore.

I started following the Orioles, and baseball in general, in the 1989 "Why Not?" season. So they are my first love, so to speak.

I was pretty much lukewarm on football in general (and disgusted with the NFL for ignoring Baltimore) up until about 1994 when the CFL came to town. Two years later, the Ravens moved in, and I've been in love with them since.

I don't know if there are any other sports other than baseball or football that I can follow as passionately. The thing is, baseball and football have just the right amount of scoring. Everything else has too little (hockey, soccer) or too much (basketball).

I was awestruck by the Ravens two Super Bowl wins. But I have no idea how beside myself I will be if the Orioles ever win a World Series in my lifetime.

Does my vote count if I don't live in Baltimore? In fact, there are three votes for being only Raven's fans in this house.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Gotta love the Orange & Black!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎