Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Slighlty OT: Why the Ravens might not have our undivided attention until October

Why? Because the Orioles are looking about as legitimate as they have since 1997. With Davis, Machado and Hardy all starting to hit, this team will put up runs. Steve Pearce and Nelson Cruz have very nice surprises and I think we could still make a move before the trade deadline whether it be pitching or a guy like Chase Utley. Bud Norris is back and with Gausman looking the real deal, the starting rotation can certainly matchup with the best of them. Nine games above .500 and the season is more than halfway complete. 5 more games until the All Star Break with 3 being against the Yanks. The Yanks are already 4 games out of first, if the Orioles can take the series 2 out of 3 or even sweep them, it could be a two horse race between the Jays and the O's for the division. Normally this time of year I'm extremely excited about training camp approaching, but my eyes are all on the O's.

Re: Slighlty OT: Why the Ravens might not have our undivided attention until October

I am excited as anyone about the O's this season, but lets remember we've seen this before -- first half of the season strong, second half a dud.

Just last year, they were 47-36 going into July and tanked the remaining three months.

Blog Entries

Re: Slighlty OT: Why the Ravens might not have our undivided attention until October

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am excited as anyone about the O's this season, but lets remember we've seen this before -- first half of the season strong, second half a dud.

Just last year, they were 47-36 going into July and tanked the remaining three months.
    I'm cautiously optimistic with this team. I do feel that this team is much better than last year and a little better than 2012. I think there are enough pieces to carry the team through a few other guys slumping.

I expect them to be in a close race for the division with Toronto (and Toronto only) come September. I can see the 1st wil card spot and maybe the second being out of reach.

Blog Entries

Wake me when they make the World Series, till then... Ravens24x7!

Blog Entries

Baltimore is Ravens town now. The O's are offseason filler. Sorry O's fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Baltimore is Ravens town now. The O's are offseason filler. Sorry O's fans.
    If the O's win a division or 2 here and there and get to a ALCS every few years or so, you'll see OPACY be a very busy stadium. Right now to most they're a little more than offeason filler, but not much.

Blog Entries

It's baseball. A regular season NFL game will attract more viewers and attention than a playoff MLB game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Definitely alot left in the season, so alot could happen with injuries, etc. That being said, we don't have a Jim Johnson to kill our season this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Definitely alot left in the season, so alot could happen with injuries, etc. That being said, we don't have a Jim Johnson to kill our season this year.
    No doubt. We make the playoffs last year if we cut his blown saves in half.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I'm never counting out the Yanks. I made this comparison the other way around in a different thread but they're the Steelers of baseball. No matter if its age or injuries or guys underachieving...... somehow someway they always seem to be right there at the end.

The Bosox are defending champs so you know they'll show some pride eventually and fight back. I still expect Tampa to go on a long hot streak and get back in this thing before its all over. And Toronto has way too much talent to just fade away. What can you say..... this division is loaded.

I have a hard time seeing the Os pitching (esp the bullpen) holding up down the stretch for a playoff appearance but its been nice to see them in the thick of it again these last couple years.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No doubt. We make the playoffs last year if we cut his blown saves in half.
    And ironically he gets traded to the A's who are quite possibly the best team in baseball, but with his almost 6 ERA this season, I doubt he will be put into any game situations where hes called upon to get out of a jam.

Blog Entries

Go O's!!!!!!!!! With that said nothing can take my attention from the Ravens. OK, the World Series might. :-)