Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: My New Ravens Tattoo.

I think maybe the feathers outline behind the shield are what looks like a smiling face or something.

The important thing is that you love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think maybe the feathers outline behind the shield are what looks like a smiling face or something.

The important thing is that you love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. That's what it is.

But it did at first look like a leftover smiley face. Now that I see it again, it's a feather outline.

My bad Tottenham.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yup. That's what it is.

But it did at first look like a leftover smiley face. Now that I see it again, it's a feather outline.
    Yeah, that gels with what I saw.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Pretty bad ass. It's rare to find an artist who is this detailed... even the feather outline in the shield. great job.

Oh no worries Houston, I was just trying to figure out what you were referring to. I see what you were referring to now. No worries. Thanks everyone for the comments. Now hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back at the Tattoo shop getting another star added to the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I'm really not seeing what you're seeing and assuming its the same thing HR is seeing. The tattoo that was covered wasnt even where the shield is, it was where the bottom tail feathers of the bird are. It was previously a dragon that was about as non detailed as you can get. In fact, half the people who saw it had to ask what it was. It was literally the outline of a dragon shaded with black and gray to give it a marble look. Literally no detail to the dragon whatsoever. No facial features, scales, or anything. It was a pretty hideous tattoo I got as a 19 year old. There's literally no remnants whatsoever of that dragon. I had laser procedure done to it and it was very light after the procedure. The Ravens tail feathers covered it and since it was black and the dragon was black and gray but was 15 years old and had laser procedure, it was very easy to cover up. Only thing I can guess is the shield is meant to look like its part of the birds feathers and not simply placed on the ravens back. If you look closely, you can see the artist added details to the shield to make it look like the feathers are imbedded in it. But the previous tattoo was certainly well below the shield.
    If it's any consolation, my untrained eye can't see a thing and thinks it looks awesome!

Blog Entries

I think its dope how you maintained the feathering throughout the shield. Are the two stars for the two titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    I think its dope how you maintained the feathering throughout the shield. Are the two stars for the two titles?
    Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to incorporate the titles in there in a subtle way. The artist left enough room to add more stars in the future. Hopefully I wont be waiting too long. I thought about adding the roman numerals in their somewhere, but ultimately, I thought the stars were the best idea.

Bad ass!
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Me, too. And I recognized it as such, immediately. Never looked like a prior tat, to me, always looked like feathering.