Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: FAN'S CHOICE: Ravens All-Time Team, Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, Earnest Byner is in the Ring of Honor, so...

<ducks>
    *grin*

Earnest should probably be in the ring of honor in Cleveland, ... but .... no, wait a minute, some talking head would probably crusade to keep him out because of "The Fumble" http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...orstfumbles/6/ , maybe even one of the same ones who drove him out after the next year to Washington where he would help win SB XXVI and make 2 pro-bowls. Then Cleveland takes him back hoping it rubs off, never realizing that part of why he won was he wasn't there.
    (Actually that pattern continued just ask SB winning Gary Baxter and Paul Kruger)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Simple:
    1. Ray Rice
    2. Jamal Lewis

*I am pulling for Rice to rebound this year, but more importantly he has to avoid suspension from tyrant Goodell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Simple:
    1. Ray Rice
    2. Jamal Lewis

*I am pulling for Rice to rebound this year, but more importantly he has to avoid suspension from tyrant Goodell.
    Well yeah, but it's pick THREE. The real debate is Priest Holmes vs Willis McGahee. Really, the only thing that Holmes has over McGahee is having a SB ring with the Ravens. McGahee had more yards, TDs, even receiving stats.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

1. Lewis
    2. Rice
    Distant 3. Mcgahee

I dont think priest had a great tenure here. Became a star after he left. Mcgahee was skipped over and not used as much but he was still pretty efficient as a 2nd down back. Believe even as a back up he got 600 yards? Priest I dont remember getting that much. Andd mcgahees first year was better than anything priest did here alone. Pretty plain and simple to me.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well yeah, but it's pick THREE. The real debate is Priest Holmes vs Willis McGahee. Really, the only thing that Holmes has over McGahee is having a SB ring with the Ravens. McGahee had more yards, TDs, even receiving stats.
    O.K.
    If we are going purely on stats for the 3rd choice, then it's McGahee; however, there are many instances where I'd like to have Holmes or Byner in a game we are playing in, but I understand that McGahee had more production in a Ravens uniform.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Agree with Jamal and Rice and my 3rd would be McGahee. Dude had a legendary stiff arm :)
    This. I went with Willis because he made one of my favorite Ravens plays of all time, when he bitch slapped that guy from Oakland on his way to a TD.

Lewis
    Rice
    McGahee

Blog Entries

Holmes was the first 1000 yard back in Ravens history. Whatever you think of how he got it, that ought to count for something when picking an all-time Ravens team.

So my top 3 would be Lewis, Rice, and Holmes.

I liked McGahee when he was here. Like Holmes, he found himself playing second-fiddle to a more talented, younger RB. Both could have done a lot more for the Ravens, but putting them on the field meant not having Lewis or Rice, respectively, getting as many touches. I can't fault either coaching staff for the choice they made, but I don't think poorly of either player because of it.

Easy for me. Jamal, Ray and Willis is that order. Priest barely registers to me as a Raven, but he was a helluva Chief. I have some fond memories of Willis and he did some good things here. As for Lewis vs Rice, it's easy now, but Ray is mid career. 2, maybe 3, more years like he had pre 2013 and Ray could take the top spot, despite Jamal's 2,000 yard season. Lewis was a beast, but could never catch it like Ray. Of course, based on last year, it's questionable as to whether or not Rice has those big years left in him. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Easy for me. Jamal, Ray and Willis is that order. Priest barely registers to me as a Raven, but he was a helluva Chief. I have some fond memories of Willis and he did some good things here. As for Lewis vs Rice, it's easy now, but Ray is mid career. 2, maybe 3, more years like he had pre 2013 and Ray could take the top spot, despite Jamal's 2,000 yard season. Lewis was a beast, but could never catch it like Ray. Of course, based on last year, it's questionable as to whether or not Rice has those big years left in him. Time will tell.
    He didn't have to, different era. Running cats over is what he did best