Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: One of the Worst Articles I've Ever Read

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    The point the author missed is that the offense regressed last year, much below it's previous production. Last year was an anomaly, not the norm. Pitta, Osemele and Yanda are healthy, Monroe was only here 1/2 of the year, Jones missed a quarter of the season, etc, etc. I also expect RR and Pierce to bounce back and have much better seasons, though Rice's overall numbers will be lower than most other starting RB's since he will miss several games.

Actually, that's a good over/under - will Rice have more rushing and total yards this year vs last year, even with him expected to miss +/- 4 games due to suspension? I think his numbers will be higher this year, and it won't even be close. I think he puts up 850+ yds rushing (660 last year) and 1300+ total yards (981 last year), even if he misses a quarter of the season.
    I totally agree. A lot of fans & 'experts' want to compare this Offense to last year's O but I think you can realistically (potentially) compare this year to the 2012 O that was ranked 15th (IIRC). The only big piece missing is Boldin, and I think his toughness & 65/921/4 stat line can be duplicated by SSmith. The 2013 O fell apart due to multiple key injuries (Pitta, KO, Rice, Pierce, Yanda) and not properly replacing Birk & Q.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

2. Re: One of the Worst Articles I've Ever Read

He picked the Steelers to take the division, so of course he has to back that up not only by giving reasons why the Steelers will win but also why the other 3 teams, including the Ravens, will lose.

The curious part though is that these are his 6 reasons why the Steelers will win:
    1. Run Blocking Could Reach An Elite Level
    2. Improved Decision Making Of Ben Roethlisberger
    3. Addition Of Big Play Threats Dri Archer and LeGarrette Blount During The Offseason
    4. Improved Pass Rush
    5. Emmanuel Sanders Easily Replaced
    6. AFC North Weaker In 2014

What makes that curious is that you can apply his first 5 reasons (or very similar ones) just as easily to the Ravens as he does to the Steelers. Think about it, and you'll see what I mean.
    And the 6th reason isn't even one he can justify with any argument other than "because I said so".

Blog Entries

The Steelers might be improved, but I doubt the division is going to be weaker in 2014.

Blog Entries

Get used to it folks. I do not see any of the national media picking the Ravens to do anything other than go at best 8-8 this season. It's too easy to say Cincinnati has the most talent, and the writers need to throw a bone to all the bandwagon steeler fans out there.

We see the Ravens bouncing back from a tough season. The rest of the world sees too many holes, an "offensive", offensive line, the precipitous decline of our running game, and a quarterback that doesn't produce gaudy enough stats in the fantasy football world that most writers cater to these days.

We are not a team loved by the masses. Get over it.

KEEP the FAITH!! We'll be back this year.

[QUOTE=ed from Bel Air;790825]Get used to it folks. I do not see any of the national media picking the Ravens to do anything other than go at best 8-8 this season.

We are not a team loved by the masses. Get over it./QUOTE]

And that is exactly the way I like it. Fly under the radar and drop-kick the rest in the Pair when they are looking at the clouds.

Revenge is a dessert best served cold.
    Captain Offense

[QUOTE=Captain Offense;790828]
    Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Get used to it folks. I do not see any of the national media picking the Ravens to do anything other than go at best 8-8 this season.

We are not a team loved by the masses. Get over it./QUOTE]

And that is exactly the way I like it. Fly under the radar and drop-kick the rest in the Pair when they are looking at the clouds.

Revenge is a dessert best served cold.
    I love a good Old Klingon proverb to start my day!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It makes you wonder if ESPN Insider is worth it. What exactly is 'insider' about someone expressing an uneducated opinion?
    If only they had FilmStudy writing their articles. Then the subscription would obviously be well worth it. Speaking of which, it's been too long since FilmStudy posted an article.