Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Ravens All-Time Team: Safety

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Probably so - I'm still pissed at him for that completely unnecessary hold on what would have been a 105+ INT return for a TD by Reed against the Jets back in, I believe, 04 or 05.
    2004. 20-17 win in OT. To be fair, the Demps hold only delayed that TD. Recap

And look here, an RSR recap!

Re: Ravens All-Time Team: Safety

Surprised Webb isn't on the list....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Reed, Landry & Woodson.

No brainer.
    Yup
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I don't know why Moore is getting so much disrespect. For the first couple of years, he was often the only player between the opposing team and a touchdown. He wasn't a great safety with respect to the history of the league, but he was a solid player on a horrible defense when the Ravens came to town. He was the second-leading tackler on the '96 team. It's a sign of a bad defense when a safety is one of the leading tacklers, but it doesn't make the safety a bad player.

It still mystifies me why the defense was so bad, then. I thought then- and still do- that Marchibroda's chaotic offensive playcalling was a major factor in the poor performance of the defense.

Even though I think he's been unfairly knocked, I'd say Woodson and Landry are the two who should join Reed on this list.