Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy Graham is officially a TE

I honestly thought he was going to win his grievance. I think if I'm Graham, I play out the year on the tag and dare NO to do it again. Someone will overpay him in free agency.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I thought he would too. He walks next year most likely. I dont see NO keeping him around only because hes too expensive. I think that offense worked just fine before him, itll work just fine after... or atleast until Brees retires.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This is kind of a big deal considering the plight of receiving TEs in the NFL.

This impacts Gronk, Julian Thomas, Vernon Davis, Jordan Cameron, and so on.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I definitely feel that WRs and TEs and should be lumped together when determining the tag number, but until that happens...a TE is a TE is a TE. It really is that simple.

Players get tagged all the time. I don't know why seem feel Graham should harbor some sort of resentment against the Saints.

Blog Entries

Jimmy is one pissed off guy because he gained most of those yards as a wideout, not TE. That was his argument but officially, according to the roster and position he was drafted as coming out of college he's a TE and gets TE money (less than wideout) but he'll walk for sure. He has to wait for that big pay day. Just shut up and put up another 1,000+ yrds and you'll get yours.

Get ready to see the same thing with Kubes new system. He'll use 2 TEs as we know but he even mentioned KJ being a wideout, lining up tight, playing FB, and RB. Pitta and Daniels will line up wide out too. It's the trend for TEs.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I definitely feel that WRs and TEs and should be lumped together when determining the tag number, but until that happens...a TE is a TE is a TE. It really is that simple.

Players get tagged all the time. I don't know why seem feel Graham should harbor some sort of resentment against the Saints.
    I agree.

Take the average of the top three TE salaries, the avg of the top 3 WR salaries and avg those together to get your TE tag.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

See how Pitta's deal affected Jimmy's. This is why a certain poster argued for weeks that Ravens paid too much for Pitta but he didn't understand the supply and demand there even though he's no where near the value of Jimmy Graham. Someone would have signed him to maybe even more money.

Pitta’s deal helps set the market for other tight ends seeking new contracts. Any time a negotiation takes place this offseason, the Pitta deal will be the measuring stick from which others will be compared.

As far as multi-year contracts go, Graham is worth far more than the $32 million the Ravens offered Pitta, who is coming off of a season, in which he played in four games, and picked up 169 receiving yards and one touchdown.

Pitta is a productive player, and a valuable target for quarterback Joe Flacco.

But he’s nowhere near the value of Jimmy Graham.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/28/den...franchise-tag/

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    See how Pitta's deal affected Jimmy's. This is why a certain poster argued for weeks that Ravens paid too much for Pitta but he didn't understand the supply and demand there even though he's no where near the value of Jimmy Graham. Someone would have signed him to maybe even more money.

Pitta’s deal helps set the market for other tight ends seeking new contracts. Any time a negotiation takes place this offseason, the Pitta deal will be the measuring stick from which others will be compared.

As far as multi-year contracts go, Graham is worth far more than the $32 million the Ravens offered Pitta, who is coming off of a season, in which he played in four games, and picked up 169 receiving yards and one touchdown.

Pitta is a productive player, and a valuable target for quarterback Joe Flacco.

But he’s nowhere near the value of Jimmy Graham.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/28/den...franchise-tag/
    I certainly understand Supply and Demand, and STILL feel that Pitta was GROSSLY overpaid. ]

Many other TE's who were similarly productive signed FAR smaller deals. Perhaps none of them had quite the ratio of low miles and projected to improve in their 30's, but I always thought the idea that Pitta was still improving to be oversold on this board.

When Owen Daniels(FAR more productive career) signs for $1m/1yr and Scott Chandler(similar age and production) signs for 2 yrs $4.75m I have a hard time seeing Pitta's 5 yr $32.5m contract as anything but a GROSS over payment. In the unprovable category of feelings, I HIGHLY DOUBT Pitta would have gotten REMOTELY CLOSE on the open market what he got here.

Blog Entries

I'm not going to lie, I thought he was going to win this one too. I would appreciate any available link to the arbitrator's reasoning on the ruling.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    When Owen Daniels(FAR more productive career) signs for $1m/1yr and Scott Chandler(similar age and production) signs for 2 yrs $4.75m I have a hard time seeing Pitta's 5 yr $32.5m contract as anything but a GROSS over payment. In the unprovable category of feelings, I HIGHLY DOUBT Pitta would have gotten REMOTELY CLOSE on the open market what he got here.
    Daniels is in the twilight of his career. Pitta isn't even close to the end.

To compare the two to make your point is an oversimplification and wholly out of context.

Blog Entries

The funniest takeway from the decision was including his TWITTER BIO in their decision (it says "New Orleans Saints Tight End #80). Guy gets taken down because of his TWITTER BIO.

Inspired this funny reaction:

Greg Linton ‏@agentlinton 2h
    Every NFL Player should put QB in their bios RIGHT Now! Regardless of position...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!