NFL.com: #8

CBS: #6

ESPN: #5

Fox: #6

MSNBC: #8

Yahoo: #3/5

USA Today: #7

Please add any others ....

Anyone else surprised at how high others see our team? I expected to see the Ravens in the 10 to 15 range after the three 4th Q collapses (2 Defense, one Offense).
    Last edited by Mista T; 09-26-2007 at 08:59 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Power rankings week 3

I think the key is that none of the other teams with a loss have looked all that great either... the five unbeatens have looked very solid, but there are questions everywhere else, and due to our showing last year we're a pretty safe bet. Keep in mind that we had a narrow, controversial loss on the road in spite of turning the ball over six times; since then we've shown we can fix the mistakes, and we've presented good depth on offense and defense. We've got a long way to go, but as long as we keep improving over the next couple of games, we'll be prepared for the hard times at the end of the season.

This is how I woud rank them:

1. Patriots

2. Colts
    3. Steelers
    4. Cowboys
    5. Packers
    6. Ravens

And I'm not sold on the Pack, but I have to give them credit for 3-0.

It's a depressing season so far with the Colts, Patriots and Steelers all looking better than everyone else. . .

Think the Steelers will stumble -- media's on the band wagon far too early.

Continued to be surprised on how good the Colt's D and the Patriots O are -- we'll certainly get our chance in 6+ weeks but right now we would not be anywhere near ready for them

The Steelers have played 3 of the worst 10 teams in the league, to quote the wolf...let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

Sure, they've looked ok...but that's all based on Willie Parker getting 25+ carries....you think that will work against the Patriots and Ravens of the world? Or even the Broncos? Doubt it.

We know what happens when you make little Ben throw.

And now the Ravens will play some of those doormat teams as well. They could be 6-1 headed into P-burg.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Ill take being ranked 5th sounds good to me

Im still looking for a reason why we have been taken off Vegas's board 2 of the last 3 weeks. Cant help but think the odds makers do like the Ravens chances winning the division ...

... or someone on the inside is making bets!

Steelers haven't done anything I didn't expect of them yet, if they'd done anything less I'd be disappointed by them, if a Ravens fan can be disappointed by them underperforming. I fully expected them to be 5-0 through five games and won't sit up to take notice until after then.

Even though we are winning it hasn't been pretty...so I'm not surprised by these rankings. They don't mean much to me...I like be under the radar.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    The Steelers have played 3 of the worst 10 teams in the league, to quote the wolf...let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

Sure, they've looked ok...but that's all based on Willie Parker getting 25+ carries....you think that will work against the Patriots and Ravens of the world? Or even the Broncos? Doubt it.

We know what happens when you make little Ben throw.
    Shhhh, don't tell Stealer fan. They seem to think they have the division wrapped up already.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    Steelers haven't done anything I didn't expect of them yet,
    I wouldn't sell the Steelers short. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon just yet, but they have looked very impressive. They haven't really played anyone yet, but they have done what good teams do, destroy the teams they should destroy. We, on the other hand, have not done that yet.

UK, if we struggle with the Browns in Cleveland, will that change your mind about the Steelers, keeping in mind that the Steelers toyed with the Browns in Cleveland?