Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

2) How does Bob Levy, one of the last class acts left on ESPN, get talked into hosting this nonsense? It's almost like they are daring him to pull a Dan Patrick and say "I'm out of this circus, see you later."

Based on what I've read on this thread, my decision to not watch it sounds pretty good, because my blood pressure is high enough as it is.
    You could see Levy getting frustrated with the audience almost from the get go. I felt bad for him.

It reminds me of the Howard University students cheering O.J.'s not guilty verdict. It seems to me that blacks stick up for one another regardless of the crime or likelyhood of guilt. It's understandable, I guess, since the experience of blacks in this country tells them they don't always get a fair shake. The support for people like Vick does lead to a white backlash though.

3. Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

highwater-
    Bob did his best, but the audience ignorance was off the charts. They even went after the 2 AA panelists who blamed Vick. They booed The Humane Society, and the HS President every time he opened his mouth. One panelist mentioned that the man had devoted his life, for very little pay, to defending animals, AND SO THEY BOOED HIM as well.

The show was a farce. The audience was a joke. It reminded me of Showtime At The Apollo, where they hoot and holler and performers they don't like.

And now Vick is busted for pot.lol Too bad the show wasn't tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero
    Bob did his best, but the audience ignorance was off the charts.
    I can totally believe that, which makes me wonder why he agrees to do garbage like this, because he's the closest thing ESPN has left that's a respectable journalist. I'm betting he expected the audience ignorance to be out there, since this was conducted in Atlanta, so why did he agree to do it? Maybe because ESPN knew they needed his credibility to at least attempt to pull this off, and they just told him he had to do it.

But as you said, it was a farce, and his presence alone couldn't change that. The whole town meeting concept, at least the way they do it, is a joke and they should just stop.

Now he tests positive for post.

This is beyond laughable.

Im sure the Vick supporters won't waiver though.

The saddest part is those supporters are the ones that he is continually taking a dump on.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Now he tests positive for post.

This is beyond laughable.

Im sure the Vick supporters won't waiver though.

The saddest part is those supporters are the ones that he is continually taking a dump on.

PP
    Yeah, but if he was white, he never would've been tested...
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    Yeah, but if he was white, he never would've been tested...
    Dude, was is really sad is that there are people who really believe that.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    For Greg...

"I am lilly white, pure as the driven snow. But I have never seen a bullfight in Spain or Mexico, but from what I have heard I don't want to. Then again, that has ZERO bearing on the matter at hand so who cares."

Yeah, you don't want to. The bull dies in every fight. The reason I brought it up was an effort to discovering the exposure of those commenting on this topic.
    But two wrongs don't make a right.

"How about the fact that other cultures eat dogs? Is that OK?
    Sure, as long as they aren't tortured day and night to make them vicious
    How in your mind is their a comparison?"

Do you eat veal?
    Yes, occasionally, but I don't torture veal for fun. The diet fed to calves can be difficult for them and there are other issues, but none of it is purposely done.

If you respond to this email identify yourself as either

A) Never served in the military. B) Never served in a combat unit in the military. C) Tree hugger. D) Why are you picking on me. E) Combat vet.
    How about F)? A rational person.

Why not A). with the caveat that I am F) A rational person?

Just a footnote.

Thanks!
    MikeinGlennDale
    That's fine, but I don't understand how being in the military applies to this issue.

I would like to go on record and say I DO eat veal and its delicious!

Nothing compliments a fine Napa County Merlot better than dead baby cow! :D

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    Now MikeinGlenDale is clearly an suffering some kind of head trauma, must be from being in the military as he has so sublty tried to infer.
    Hmmm, so if I understand you correctly yeahravens, military service causes blunt head trauma? No? You didn't mean it that way? You didn't mean to insult other servicemembers who are members of the board? You meant something else?

Try taking a chill pill, dude. You are WAAAAAAAAAAAY too high strung and excitable. Nearly everytime I read a reply from you, you seem to be screaming bloody murder at the top of your lungs.

Calm down and think about things before you angrily post them. Just a little friendly advice.

11. Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

lol
    Nothing like a trip off to war to defend our country to make an old schooler laugh off debates related to a game of football.

:usa:

PS- I think Bull Fighting and the running of the Bulls are terrible.

I stopped eating veal when I found out the details