Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

I'm interested in understanding the emotional outbursts surrounding this issue. It's a mystery to me why this is so fascinating to people.

What does O.J. Simpson have to do with this topic?

Why was I asked if I know how to read?

What does ebonics have to do with this thread?

Thanks!
    MikeinGlennDale

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    I'm interested in understanding the emotional outbursts surrounding this issue. It's a mystery to me why this is so fascinating to people.

Thanks!
    MikeinGlennDale
    You should be asking the folks at that ridiculous town meeting down in Atlanta tonight about emotional outbursts. The ironic part for me is that I don't like dogs and have never owned one. Never will. But I do like laws protecting them for being tortured and killed. And to see so many people ignore the facts and defend Vick when he admitted to this stuff is downright disgusting.

As to your other 3 questions.

1. What in the hell are you talking about.

2. The poster asked you if you knew how to read because your response was borderline insane.

3. What in the hell are you talking about.

PP

I still don't care about the whole thing.

Everyone loves the cute little dogs until their tottler gets bit by a pit bull.

Not justifying it either, but let's stop acting like he's Tony Soprano.

I didn't see the show but heard an interview with sports writer from Atlanta afterwards. He stressed over and over again about how surprised and disappointed he was in his town of Atlanta. He was there and I guess on the panel maybe? Not sure but he kept trying to convince the listeners on ESPN radio that this reaction was NOT representative of Atlanta and that Atlanta is really an educated and affluent city etc. etc. etc. that these people that were evidently barking like dogs when asked to clap if they thought dog fighting should be legal were not what the average person in Atlanta thinks.

I imagine ESPN was blindsided by the reaction and probably regrets trying to give this issue more air time. This sportswriter though almost seemed traumatized when asked to desribed his feelings on the meeting...he just kept repeating how disappointed he was and embarrassed and how this just isn't Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I still don't care about the whole thing.

Everyone loves the cute little dogs until their tottler gets bit by a pit bull.

Not justifying it either, but let's stop acting like he's Tony Soprano.
    Who's treating him like Tony Soprano?

Nobody, that's who.

He's not going to jail for life. He'll probably serve less than a year.

The problem I have is with the people who think he did nothing wrong.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I didn't see the show but heard an interview with sports writer from Atlanta afterwards. He stressed over and over again about how surprised and disappointed he was in his town of Atlanta. He was there and I guess on the panel maybe? Not sure but he kept trying to convince the listeners on ESPN radio that this reaction was NOT representative of Atlanta and that Atlanta is really an educated and affluent city etc. etc. etc. that these people that were evidently barking like dogs when asked to clap if they thought dog fighting should be legal were not what the average person in Atlanta thinks.

I imagine ESPN was blindsided by the reaction and probably regrets trying to give this issue more air time. This sportswriter though almost seemed traumatized when asked to desribed his feelings on the meeting...he just kept repeating how disappointed he was and embarrassed and how this just isn't Atlanta.
    Im sure it was Terrance Moore.

And he should be embarassed for his city.

I dunno who else saw it but I urge you all to so you can understand how bad it was.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 09-25-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Noteworthy that everyone selected a different option than what I afforded. I'll take that to mean that those responding have never served their country.

In response to "I guess OJ is innocent because he is black"

2. The poster asked you if you knew how to read because your response was borderline insane.

Borderline insane? Really?

In response to "Sorry I couldn't put that in ebonics for you".

Ever since this issue came up, I've addressed it as the 800 pound gorilla in the room everyone pretends isn't there.

The white bread and mayonnaise crowd has used this issue as a rallying cry for their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Noteworthy that everyone selected a different option than what I afforded. I'll take that to mean that those responding have never served their country.

In response to "I guess OJ is innocent because he is black"

Borderline insane? Really?

In response to "Sorry I couldn't put that in ebonics for you".

Ever since this issue came up, I've addressed it as the 800 pound gorilla in the room everyone pretends isn't there.

The white bread and mayonnaise crowd has used this issue as a rallying cry for their agenda.
    1. Your list of options has no bearing whatsoever on this topic.

2. I apologize for missing what the other poster wrote regarding OJ/ebonics. Neither have anything to do with this either.

3. What exactly is the 800 LB gorilla?

4. Seems to me it's many blacks using Vick as a rallying cray even though he admitted to these crimes and took the plea. How exactly is the "white bread and mayonnaise crowd" using anything for any agenda? Your hypocrisy is pretty astonishing as well as your blatant remarks that would cause a firestorm on this board if the roles were reversed.

PP

For Greg...

"I am lilly white, pure as the driven snow. But I have never seen a bullfight in Spain or Mexico, but from what I have heard I don't want to. Then again, that has ZERO bearing on the matter at hand so who cares."

Yeah, you don't want to. The bull dies in every fight. The reason I brought it up was an effort to discovering the exposure of those commenting on this topic.

"How about the fact that other cultures eat dogs? Is that OK?
    Sure, as long as they aren't tortured day and night to make them vicious
    How in your mind is their a comparison?"

Do you eat veal?

Quote:
    It's always been interesting to me to see everyone jump on their high horse and tell everyone else what is morally acceptable.

You should be able to see those on their high horses since you are perched on one equally as high while you tell us what you find morally acceptable. Irony is a wonderful thing.

Good on you...yup guilty as charged

Quote:
    If you respond to this email identify yourself as either

A) Never served in the military. B) Never served in a combat unit in the military. C) Tree hugger. D) Why are you picking on me. E) Combat vet.
    How about F)? A rational person.

Why not A). with the caveat that I am F) A rational person?

Just a footnote.

Thanks!
    MikeinGlennDale

Mike and Marcus, a fine pair of genetic mistakes. Faulty chromosomes. After the prison term is over, neutering would be appropriate.

Any entity that deliberately causes pain and death to another creature for "fun" is an aberration and should be prevented from breeding more of its kind.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I'm sorry but people comparing dog fighting to bull fighting clearly don't know the first thing about bull fighting or don't want to see the obvious differences between the two.

Lilly white, mayonaise....

It kills me that racial comments like that are not addressed by anyone anywhere! If a white person was to say anything like that they would be shut down, fired, kicked off the site.

Now MikeinGlenDale is clearly an suffering some kind of head trauma, must be from being in the military as he has so sublty tried to infer.

Back to the point, it has gotten so ridiculous (thanks to media outlets like ESPN) that people can now get public support for killing people, animal abuse, stealing, taking drugs, poor sportsmanship, and saying inappropriate things ONLY IF THEIR SKIN IS BLACK! If you are white, you can't say anything that even suggests race. Correction, you can say things that may suggest an asian, mideastern, or hispanic reference, but not black! It doesn't even matter if what you are saying is a historical fact, not meant as a slur, or a socialogical theory. If black comes up, nappy is uttered, you should lose your job!

Chris Rock can use the N word, only because of the color of his skin. Point is, it is not the word that is offensive now, it is who uses it. If you don't say African American you will can hammered, and God forbid you say colored, because even though that is used in the title of NAACP, it is wrong.

How many AA's know who killed Malcom X and why? That is it in a nut shell. As soon as someone sees that it makes more sense not to seperate by skin, they get killed. So for you who choose to take a side based on skin, you are a moron, a sheep, and we all know how sheep end up.